Sunday, September 02, 2012

Review- The Stopover (Sample PDF) by Deepa Pinto and Ram Prakash

Goodreads Summary:
The Stopover is a book for those who believe that every new place we visit and every culture we experience enriches our lives and that at every stopover in the journey of life is an exciting new treasure trove. It has stories of 4 such stopovers, a combination of fiction & fact brought alive through photographs.

REVIEW:

I was surprised to receive a message from co-author of The Stopover, Deepa Pinto asking for my opinion on the idea of a photo-fiction book, the first of its kind. When I checked out the website (you can take a look at it here). I was completely intrigued and mesmerised by the whole concept.
The Stopover, the brainchild of Deepa Pinto and Ram Prakash, is a photo-fiction book, consisting of four beautiful stories titled The Tibetan Wheel Of Wisdom, A Rocking Horse Can Gallop Too, The Sun Shines Forever and I Hear Them Calling, along with some really brilliant photos of the Indian cities where the stories are set. When it comes to India, I think she is best described in pictures and a few words, which is exactly what The Stopover is about. It’s all about India in her shining glory!
I read a sample copy of The Stopover, given to me by Deepa Pinto, which had The Tibetan Wheel Of Wisdom in it. The story is set in Leh and is absolutely nice.
Varun decides to take a break from his hectic schedule and his break-up with Meghna. That’s when he goes to Leh, a peaceful and calming destination. There, he meets his guide and driver, Tashi and also makes new friends. Varun learns about the Tibetan culture, enjoys delicious authentic food and is having an amazing time. I liked that a lot of South-east Asian history and culture was described in it. 
The pictures of Leh were equally enthralling and I found myself admiring them for a long time.
From what I have read until now, The Stopover seems to be an interesting and wonderful book. It is going to be like travelling through India. I am really looking forward to reading the book in its entirety.

RATING:
X 3.5


Sarika

1 comment:

  1. Disney Heroes: Battle Mode Hack - Unlimited Diamonds and Gold for you device iOS and Android.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!