Janhvi and I are taking part in the 2013 New Adult Challenge hosted by Barbara and Cait @ Basia's Bookshelf, Danya @ A Tapestry Of Words, Tara @ Tater's Tall Tails and Victoria @ Confessions Of A Twenty Something Fiction Writer.
The rules for the challenge are:
- The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and under 30. If they’re exactly 18, you can make the judgment call based on content. (If the majority of it is set in high school, it’s probably YA.)
- They don’t have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal fans rejoice, your books count too. As long as the characters fall into the comparative age group on whatever planet or in whatever world, it works.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, but you must post your reviews somewhere accessible online (like Goodreads).
The levels for this challenge are:
- Just Graduated: Read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
- Moving Out: Read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
- Living On Your Own: Read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
- Fully Independent: Read a minimum of 30 New Adult books
Janhvi and I are taking up FULLY INDEPENDENT level. Yes, it is huge, but it is a challenge! We'd love to push ourselves and New Adult is a genre we both love reading, so we'll definitely manage. *fingers crossed* :)
Some of the books/series we plan on reading are:
And plenty more!
All the best to all the participants and let's hope we achieve our goals!