Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #17




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser:
I hated that every word I said to her was cruel, but I needed her to stay away from me. She had no idea exactly who I was. No one did, really. I was many different things to many different people. Sometimes I didn't even know who the hell I was anymore. 
-Abbi Glines, Just For Now (Sea Breeze #4)

Goodreads Summary:

The day Preston Drake figured out that wealthy women paid well for a set of tight abs and a pretty face his life turned around.

The run down rat-infested trailer he had shared with his alcoholic mother and three younger siblings was now only a place he visited to pay the bills and stock the pantry with food. 

He no longer worried about his family starving or living without electricity. The money he made entertaining rich older women more than covered his family’s needs and his own. He had it all figured out. Except…

There was this girl.

She was as innocent as he was tainted.

Amanda Hardy wished her knees didn’t get weak when Preston walked into a room. She hated the fact her heart raced when he flashed his smile in her direction. He had a different girl in his bed every night. He was the kind of boy a smart girl ran from. So, why was she coming up with ways to get close to him? Even when it was obvious he wanted to keep her at a distance.

Maybe her heart knew something the world didn’t. Maybe Preston Drake was more than just a pretty face.

What's your teaser? 
Happy reading, everyone! 

Sarika


23 comments:

  1. I am usually always reading Paranormal, but i've seen this one around a bit and am intrigued every time!! Thanx for sharing!!

    Here’s My TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you read paranormal, but then I'm glad you find this interesting! Thanks for stopping by, Naomi! :)

      Delete
  2. I think everyone is different things to different people. Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/12/tuesday-teasers-3-today.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! Thanks for stopping by, Karen and Gerard! :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting tease!! I have one book by Abbi that I still need to read myself!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read this one soon then! Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  4. Good teaser. Sounds like this book has some interesting characters with unusual problems.
    My Teaser is from GOODBYE EMILY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has it all! Thanks for stopping by, Sandy! :)

      Delete
  5. Great Teaser! I love Abbi Glines' work!

    Here's My Teaser Tuesday!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, awesome tease! I'll be checking into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these books before, but it sounds really interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they sure are interesting! Thanks for stopping by, Beczy! :)

      Delete
  8. Great teaser! I loved Just For Now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it too so far! Thanks for stopping by, Andrea! :)

      Delete
  9. Intriguing teaser! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, sounds like a great read. Haven't read any of Abbi Glines books yet, but have The Vincent Boys books on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing and stopping by. Happy reading.

    Katie ~ Turner’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get to read Abbi Glines' books really soon and I hope you like them too! Thanks for stopping by, Katie! :)

      Delete
  11. I know! I totally agree with you! Thanks for stopping by, Aman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tease! Thanks for stopping by (and following!) SunnyReads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sunny! :) Happy reading!

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!