Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Book Quotes- The Homing Pigeons... by Sid Bahri

Hello, everyone and welcome to 2014! Wish you a very happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year! 

Image from the best Harry Potter source ever- Mugglenet

Well, they say that you must start a new year with nice things and that's exactly why I have decided to feature, and I've lost count of the number of times I've done this before, The Homing Pigeons... by Sid Bahri. This book is undoubtedly in both Janhvi's and my list of the best books we've read in 2013. The year that has gone by has predominantly been all about The Homing Pigeons... here at The Readdicts (as you may have observed). There's not much left to say about the book, so I decided, why not go ahead and tease you more by sharing only two absolutely beautiful passages from the book, one from Radhika's and the other from Aditya's point of view. So here we go! 


Aditya: 

One part of me wanted to express myself - to tell her that I wanted to be with her and to date her. I sometimes imagined myself being married to her. I guess that's how first love is. Yet, the other, saner part of me, said that this was the last day of school. We would go our different ways after the exams were over, in search of our education and a means to a livelihood. In the process, we'd meet people who possibly, would be more interesting. Maybe, they would be interesting enough to fall in love with. The pain lingered on, of not being able to garner the courage to express what I felt for her. I felt the agony of never being able to dance with her to the tunes of old English songs. I felt anguished that even if I met her later in life, I wouldn't be seventeen. 

Radhika: 

It had happened so long ago, nearly eight years ago and yet, the memories are so fresh, as if it has happened only yesterday. Strangely, what I had thought of as improbable and impossible has happened. I have forgiven him. In the years that went by, time has done what it does best - heal. 

Does that make you want to go to the nearest bookstore, hunt for the book and read it? Well, you're all set for now since the second fortnightly giveaway for TWO copies of The Homing Pigeon has begun! Yes, I've added another copy this time as a New Year gift from us to you! So go take part and make this year wonderful by beginning it with this book at your doorstep! 

Once again, happy New Year and thank you for stopping by! 



  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quotes Sarika! I can feel Aditya's pain from his quote. That second quote is very true. time does heal our wounds.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love those lines and I'm glad you do too. Thank you, Lindy!

      Delete
  2. Dungeon Hunter Champions Hack Get Unlimited Gold and Gems for you device Android or iOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Might $ Magic: Elemental Guardians Hack Online Generator Seals FREE.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!