Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #71

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Far From You by Tess Sharpe
Publication Date: April 8, 2014


Summary-

Sophie Winters nearly died. Twice.

The first time, she's fourteen, and escapes a near-fatal car accident with scars, a bum leg, and an addiction to Oxy that'll take years to kick.

The second time, she's seventeen, and it's no accident. Sophie and her best friend Mina are confronted by a masked man in the woods. Sophie survives, but Mina is not so lucky. When the cops deem Mina's murder a drug deal gone wrong, casting partial blame on Sophie, no one will believe the truth: Sophie has been clean for months, and it was Mina who led her into the woods that night for a meeting shrouded in mystery.

After a forced stint in rehab, Sophie returns home to a chilly new reality. Mina's brother won't speak to her, her parents fear she'll relapse, old friends have become enemies, and Sophie has to learn how to live without her other half. To make matters worse, no one is looking in the right places and Sophie must search for Mina's murderer on her own. But with every step, Sophie comes closer to revealing all: about herself, about Mina and about the secret they shared.

Far From You has a gorgeous cover and it sounds like a dark, intense murder mystery. Haven't read many of those in YA so I'm excited.
What are you waiting on?

17 comments:

  1. Have seen this popping up everywhere. Seems everyone likes a good murder mystery :p
    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, I've seen this mentioned a lot recently too and it's definitely on my wishlist! I love YA mystery/thrillers so can't wait to get my hands on Far From You and hopefully it's as good as it sounds.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the cover and the synopsis sounds very good!
    Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for this one too!! Great choice :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so interesting and you're right, great cover! Here's my WOW:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-12214.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this too! It sounds so intriguing. And yeah I love that cover too <3
    Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an intriguing read, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! This sounds amazing!!! Adding it now to my Goodreads TBR list ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this one before, but it sounds great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is going to be good too. Hope you get to read it soon. Great choice.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOoh nice! Haven't heard of this one but hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really excited to get this book, it's already on my TBR list: )

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pick, totally just added this to my tbr. Can April get here already?
    Here's our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds really unusual for a YA book, but very interesting too! Thanks for sharing!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Janhvi this cover is so pretty that I really want to read it. I hope you'll enjoy it and I cannot wait to see what you think of it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!