Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #73

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira 
Publication Date- April 1st 2014


Goodreads Summary:

It begins as an assignment for English class: Write a letter to a dead person. Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May did. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to people like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Amelia Earhart, Heath Ledger, and more; though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating new friendships, falling in love for the first time, learning to live with her splintering family. And, finally, about the abuse she suffered while May was supposed to be looking out for her. Only then, once Laurel has written down the truth about what happened to herself, can she truly begin to accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has begun to see her sister as the person she was; lovely and amazing and deeply flawed; can she begin to discover her own path.

Everything about this book screams READ ME! And that's exactly what I'll do once it's out.  

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Link me up to your posts in the comments! 


18 comments:

  1. Yes! So can't wait to pick his one up, my type of book. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! This book screams READ ME! Can you hear it? I for sure can. I have it on my to-read list and I cannot wait to read it. Hope you'll get to read it soon :) Great pick, Sarika :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can too and I cannot wait for our date with it. Thank you, Tanja!

      Delete
  4. Will definitely be reading this when it releases. AHHHH IT LOOKS SO GOOD. Great pick
    Happy Wednesday <3

    Here's our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I NEEEEEEED this book, I have wanted to read this one for so long now. Thanks for sharing :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get my hands on this book! I absolutely love the cover and the synopsis sounds great (:

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Thanks for stopping by, Jackie.

      Delete
  7. This one sounds so good! I've been hearing a lot about it lately! Definitely adding it to my TBR! Thanks for sharing! :)

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it is more sad than it sounds. Hahaha! Thank you, Aman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds so good................!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!