Friday, May 30, 2014

Review- Tempting the Bodyguard by J. Lynn

Summary-

He can protect her from everyone except himself.

Alana Gore is in danger. A take-no-prisoners publicist, her way with people has made her more than a few enemies over the years, but a creepy stalker is an entirely different matter. She needs a bodyguard, and the only man she can ask is not only ridiculously hot, but reputed to have taste for women that goes beyond adventurous.

Chandler Gamble has one rule: don't protect anyone you want to screw. But with Alana, he's caught between his job and his increasingly hard libido. On one hand, Alana needs his help. On the other, Chandler wants nothing more than to take the hot volcano of a woman in hand. To make her writhe in pleasure, until she's at his complete mercy.

She needs protection. He needs satisfaction. And the moment the line is crossed, all hell will break loose...

Review-

I have been waiting for Tempting the Bodyguard to come out since a looong time. So when it finally did come out I jumped on it. I wasn't expecting much from Chandler and Alana but never underestimate the charm of a Gamble brother. Tempting the Bodyguard made for a fun read.

Alana is a publicist. We'd met her in the previous book where she came off as almost cruel in her methods as a publicist. I didn't think I'd like Alana at first but I ended up liking her a lot. Just goes to show there is so much below the surface. Alana has someone stalking her and the only person she can think of who will protect her is Chandler Gamble.

Chandler is the oldest Gamble Brother and I think he just might be my favorite one. I loved how Chandler was attracted to Alana. Never once did he deny his feelings for her. I especially liked how he was not scared of commitment. He actually wanted one with Alana even though she was skittish. Another thing which got me major brownie points for him was how he ALWAYS stood up for Alana. He was really protective of her and never once let anybody mistreat her. Not even his brothers.

The chemistry between Alana and Chandler has been building up for sometime now and we get to see when it reaches its peak. They were hot together. It may not look like it from their constant arguments but they understood each other better than anybody. I loved them together.

I also really liked that we got to see the rest of the cast and how they were doing. The dynamics between the brothers were great and I liked how everything was sorted by the end of it. The stalker plot line was kinda predictable but that didn't deter my overall enjoyment. I think this was a great conclusion to the Gamble Brothers series.



3 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this author! I'm glad you enjoyed this book. Loving the HOT cover. :)

    Nina @ J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't given her adult books a try. I mean I'm not giving any adult books a chance these days. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one and it seems like a really good book. Great book, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when sequels did mention about characters from previous books. Great review! I'm so looking forward to reading this one!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!