Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #27

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is: 

ten books we almost put down but didn't

Here's my list: 

Oh, this is an interesting topic that can be interpreted in many ways. I dunno which is the right one so mine's a general list.  

1) I had been wanting to read any of Rushdie's works since a long time and Midnight's Children had been sitting on my shelf since forever. It took me nearly three months to read this one, but I did it and I'm proud of myself. 


2) Again, I was desperate to read Khuswant Singh and it was so hard to get into Train to Pakistan, but the determined soul that I can be, I did it. 


3) My sincere apologies to Obsidian fans, but Onyx was way too cliché for me to continue with the series. I somehow finished it off, and from then on, it's just thanks, but no, thanks.


4) Rapture was boring as hell but it marked the end of the series, so I sat through it and made an achievement. I didn't get the point of this series but I finished it nonetheless and that is a feat. 


5) The Host came out around the time when I would have read practically anything Meyer wrote and I didn't want to but I did anyway. I am glad I read it since it was perhaps that first Sci-Fi book I read and the experience was quite fine. 


6) I knew Hunting Lila wouldn't be my kind of book but when your best friend wants to buddy read, you buddy read. When I read the book, I liked it. But if anyone would ask me to read it now... Thanks but no, thanks. 


7) The Darkest Lie is a book I only read for reading it. I don't even remember what happened in it. I could've skipped it but I didn't because the plot has something or the other to do with the next book in the series. 


8) What was I thinking? When Janhvi told me about this book, I thought it wouldn't make a big difference if I skipped it. Well, I was wrong. For Darkness Shows the Stars was one shiny and bright book. 


9) This series is way too sweet and that's one of the reasons why I wasn't much into it. I could've given up on it, but like I did for the choices above, I didn't. Rainshadow Road was- no surprises there- a supremely sweet read. 


10) Ah, my dear friend Abbi Glines. Hmmm. I loved the first three books in this series and I had almost had too much of it when Just For Now came out. I can't say I'm as big a fan of the series now as I was before, but this really could have been one of the New Adult series that I could have truly loved. 


What books made it to your list? Link me up to your posts in the comments and I'll make sure to stop by it. 





4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the Host. I thought it was good, but not great! :)
    I did enjoyed watching the movie. :)

    Nina from J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the movie yet but the book was really good. Thanks, Nina!

      Delete
  2. I put The Host on my list, too. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!