Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #28

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 

Today's topic is:

top ten books about friendship

Here's my list:

First off, I must say that this is a great topic as we've seen some really incredible friendships in many, many books. 


I have to begin with this. The friendship between Harry, Ron and Hermione is the best one I've read so far and it's portrayed so well in the movies by Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Gritn and Emma Watson. It's so true that it makes you beelieve they're friends with you too. I love these guys. 



The friendship between the protagonists of this life-changing novel, Ali and Hassan, is simply stunning. Although it may not necessarily be called friendship by the end of it. They have thier ups and downs, goods and bads, rights and wrongs, but what matters is they love each other from the bottom of thier hearts to the point that they will die for each other. 



Both these stories are set in such a time when, at that age, friends mean the world and the trios in both the books prove that beautifully. They're more like brothers than friends. The movies portray that beautifully as well. 















I have only one word for the friendships in these novels. Wow. Just plain wow. Kelley York manages to make her readers fall in love with her characters, no matter how fucked up they are. Friendship plays the most important role in both the books. 

 



I loved the friendship between Travis and his cousin Shepley and Abby and America and when the four are together, it's a blast. I loved hanging with them as well. 




Daniel is the funniest guy I have ever come across in New Adult books and he simply rocks. It takes courage to stand up on the school cafeteria tabls and shout out your love for your best friend. His friendhsip with the main character, Holder, is mind-blowing and super funny. 



This is. The. Cutest. Friendship amonsgt all the Young Adult contemporaries that I've read. The two guys and two girls who are couples as well make for a cute and sweet group whose strong friendship shows that they'll remain friends forever.  

 



Link is one funny guy and he lightens up the mood whereever he goes. He balances Ethan's mystery and confusion really well. The two are awesome buddies. I absolutely dislike the movie cast but oh well... Here we go. 



The title says it all. The female protagonist, Charlotte, has all male friends and thier friendhsip is so easy and cool. I heart this book large. 



The main reason why I'm so fond of this book is that it portrays friendhsip between girls who're always there for each other and they rock together. There's usually just our female MC and her best friend normally, so a group of girlfriends becomes refreshing. I haven't come across any other book like this. 


What books made it your list? Link me up to your posts. Happy Tuesday and happy reading, guys! 


8 comments:

  1. Yup! Nearly everyone is picking Harry! I did too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read enough Harry Potters, so I didn't feel qualified to put them on my list. x) (I've only read the first 3.) But I do LOVE their relationship. Hermione is my favourite, but I love how they all push and pull against each other AND are loyal AND fight. They're so realistic! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, and I know. How right you are, Cait! Thank you. And please, complete the series. You won't regret it. *winks*

      Delete
  3. Do you know what? I STILL haven't read The Kite Runner even though it has been sitting on my shelf for years. I must read it this summer. I was looking at Smart Girls Get What They Want the other day for the exact reason you state - I heard it is a good one for friendship and is quite witty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must read that book. It. Is. Epic. And Smart Girls... is a fun and fresh read, so go for it too. Thank you, Sophia!

      Delete
  4. Great choices. Harry Potter was at the top of my list, I absolutely love that series and it has so many wonderful friendships in it. Harry, Ron & Hermione have such a beautiful friendship but I also loved Dobby and Harry's, Hagrid's friendship with them, Lupin and Black's friendship <3 Nice list :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree with you. Thank you!

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!