Hi, guys! Per usual, I am more than glad to post something for our author friend, Jennifer Lane. Join us in celebrting the release of her latest book, Blocked, and thank you to AToMR Promotions for hosting and letting us be part of the same.
By Jennifer Lane
New Adult Contemporary/Sports Romance
Released October 21, 2014
College freshman Lucia Ramirez has a secret crush on Dane Monroe. He’s a tall drink of water — blond, brash, and one hell of a volleyball player. Hijole. Lucia hopes her volleyball scholarship to his school will make him notice her.
Too bad what’s noticeable is Dane’s obvious hatred for Lucia. Her family’s politics contradict everything he stands for. And politics are front and center in both their families. Dane’s mother is about to face Lucia’s father in the race for US President.
When Secret Service throws them together, Dane can’t deny his frustrating attraction to Lucia’s athletic curves and sweet faith in the world. Amid the intense pressure of college athletics and presidential politics, can opposites not just attract, but overcome overwhelming odds to be together? Or do their differences block their match from the start?
Facts about Blocked:
1) The title Blocked refers to several elements of the plot. Dane and Lucia play college volleyball, in which players try to block the opponents’ spikes. Their political differences are a major block to romance. And then there’s the ever-present cock block hehe.
2) Blocked’s setting is a college city in the Midwest, home to one of the nation’s largest schools: Highbanks University. Though fictional, Highbanks is based on a real university.
3) Highbanks in in a political swing state—voters might swing Democrat or Republican in the upcoming presidential election. Will Dane’s mom or Lucia’s dad be the next US President?
4) Paparazzi are responsible for the first time Dane kisses Lucia.
5) Euchre is the go-to card game in the Midwest. Dane gloats so much when he wins that Lucia labels him “the worst winner ever.” Euchre is a blast because it’s a partner game that’s fast-paced and cunning.
6) Big-time college athletes have quite the support staff: head coach, assistant coach, strength coach, athletic trainer, team doctor, sport psychologist, sport dietitian and academic advisor. Despite this help, Lucia and Dane struggle to manage the intense pressure.
7) Lucia is 6’2” and Dane is 6’8”. Dane’s ego is almost bigger than his height.
8) Since 1995, the gap between pro-choice and pro-life has shrunk so that roughly half of Americans are now in each camp. Abortion is one hot-button issue between Dane and Lucia.
9) Since 1996, the majority of Americans has shifted from opposing gay marriage to supporting gay marriage. As a woman of faith, Lucia faces a surprise that challenges her beliefs.
10) Dane is a setter, the leader of his team. A volleyball setter is like a football quarterback.
Jennifer Lane is giving away a $10 Amazon Gift Card on her Facebook page for the release! You can enter HERE.
About the Author:
Get psyched for romance with psychologist/author (psycho author) Jennifer Lane! By day she witnesses growth in her psychotherapy clients, and by night she wrangles misbehaving fictional characters as she writes sports romance and romantic suspense with a psychological twist. She can’t decide which is more fun.
A swimmer and volleyball player in college, Jen wove some of her own experiences into Streamline—a military mystery about swimmers. And readers can dip their toes into Jen’s world of swimming romance by sampling her free New Adult novella Swim Recruit.
College volleyball romance Blocked is Jen’s newest release, launching 10-21-14. Peek inside big-time college sports and even bigger national politics when the offspring of two presidential candidates find out whether opposites really do attract, or their match is blocked from the start.
Stories of redemption interest Jen the most, especially the healing power of love. She is also the author of The Conduct Series, a romantic suspense trilogy that includes With Good Behavior, Bad Behavior, and On Best Behavior. Ultimately, whether writing or reading, Jen loves stories that make her laugh and cry.
In her spare time she enjoys exercising, attending book club, hanging out with her plus-size, “I’m not fat, I’m big-boned” Izzie cat, and visiting her sisters and their families in Chicago and Hilton Head.