Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review- How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan

How They Met, and Other Stories on Goodreads

 BOOK SUMMARY:

Just in time for Valentine’s Day comes a confection from David Levithan that is sure to appeal to fans of Boy Meets Boy. Here are 18 stories, all about love, and about all kinds of love. From the aching for the one you pine for, to standing up and speaking up for the one you love, to pure joy and happiness, these love stories run the gamut of that emotion that at some point has turned every one of us inside out and upside down. What is love? With this original story collection David Levithan proves that love is a many splendored thing, a varied, complicated, addictive, wonderful thing.


Release date: 2014 (first published January 8th 2008)
Published by: Electric Monkey
Page numbers: 307

REVIEW: 

Authors normally pick up a pen to write, but I always imagine David Levithan picking up a wand. We might still be waiting for our Hogwarts letter, but I'm a 100% sure that David Levithan topped his OWLs and NEWTs, because he is a wizard and magic runs in his blood. He makes magic. I always, always imagine him waving his wand and words just coming out and forming that whole Avada Kedavra and Expelliarmus magic or something like Tom Marvolo Riddle- I am Lord Voldemort.

Now that I've proved that my most favourite contemporary writer of our time is a magician, let me tell you that he was as magical during his high school as he is now, because How They Met, and Other Stories is a collection of short stories written by the author in his school years. "If he's THAT incredible when he's so young, imagine what he'll do later", I'm sure someone must've said this to young David, and it goes to say, without doubt, that he kept getting better and better, to the point where he has established himself as a bright, brilliant, sparkling and shining star of an author.

How They Met, and Other Stories is incredible and every story is so different and unique that it feels like it's written by different people. Of course, I loved this collection as a whole, but some of my absolutely favourite stories were: Starbucks Boy, The Alumni Interview, The Number of People Who Meet on Airplane, What a Song Can Do and Without Saying. But I have to say that my most favourite story was Lost Sometimes, which is a sexy story of two boys in a more physical relationship. I have read almost all books by David Levithan, but I've never read something so sexy, gorgeous and exhilarating.

A book I always wanted to read, How They Met, and Other Stories had stories that I both loved and liked, but none that I didn't like. I didn't have any expectations, but I was way too happy with what I got, because the lovely magician never fails to deliver. I loved the book, but this book has proved that I love David Levithan even more.


Buy the book: AMAZON (IN)/ FLIPKART

2 comments:


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!