Friday, September 01, 2017

Fave Five Friday: Fave Five Book To Movie/ TV Series Adaptations

Hi, guys! Happy September! Who all will I be seeing at Hogwarts today? 

By the way, it's Friday, which means, it's time for Fave Five Friday by BUZZ Magazine and this week's topic is: FAVE FIVE BOOK TO MOVIE/ TV SERIES ADAPTATIONS. 


Okay. I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the television or the movies, so this was a very tough one for me. Movies are still all right, but the TV and I never really got along, so there are next to none TV shows on my list. Nonetheless, I have come up with a list after hours and hours of thought processing. Here's what's on my list: 

1) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: This has to be my most favourite book to movie adaptation because of the emotional intensity with which the book was written and the story was then brought to life on screen. This is one movie beings tears to my eyes just remembering it. 


2) The Three Mistakes of My Life by Chetan Bhagat: While Chetan Bhagat faces criticism for his books and writing, his stories always sell and that's because they are quite nice. When it comes to this book, however, I loved the movie version more because it was so much more touching and special. Besides, Shushant Singh Rajput is bomb!

 

3) The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown: Both the book and movie version of this are incredible! I loved this book and loved the movie just as much, In fact, it's one of the few movies that I must've wacthed more than a dozen times and still watch when it is broadcast on TV. 

 

4) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: This book was literally so boring and beyond my comprehension, so the movie came as a savoiur and made me like Magnus Bane even more. This was one well done movie which I wish they'd continued with the rest of the books as well. 

 

5) Je l'aimais by Anna Gavalda: This is a French book that I read while doing my Master in French literature and somehow, the book helped me understand the movie and the movie helped me understand the book better. There's something very unique about the way in which this lovely story was portrayed on screen. 

 

P.S: I don't really put Harry Potter on such lists because it's a given that I love it the most. Books, movies, TV series... I don't care. Harry Potter is on my list by default! 

What adaptations made it your list? 


3 comments:

  1. Have only the first in common. I don't want to have the second in common, though I have read the book. :-) Will look at the other three sometime for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarika,
    This is an interesting list. Also I haven't see Kai Po Che...but I am sure the movie was good :)
    Also loving the fact so many of us loved TFIOS! Yaaay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kai po che was really good. For that matter , I liked 2 states too. Why is TFIOS every where !! Is itna signi should watch it too

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!