Thursday, January 31, 2019

Review- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay on Goodreads

 BOOK SUMMARY:

J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut is captured in this exciting hardcover edition of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay.

When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, author of the beloved and internationally bestselling Harry Potter books. Featuring a cast of remarkable characters, this is epic, adventure-packed storytelling at its very best.

Whether an existing fan or new to the wizarding world, this is a perfect addition to any reader's bookshelf.


Release date: November 8th 2016
Published by: Arthur A. Levine Books
Page numbers: 293

REVIEW: 

Any book of the Harry Potter franchise always makes me happy. Always.

When I read J.K. Rowling's library collection, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander a long, long time ago, I was always curious to know more because it developed in me, a greater love for the incredible magical creatures. Then when a movie based on the book came out last year, I had the most magical time revisiting my home and the place that I belong in- the magical world. So when I saw that there was a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay written by the Queen herself, I had to get a copy and read it. 


Reading the screenplay after months of watching the movie was one the coolest ideas I've ever had because not only did I read and get to experience the written world which Rowling does so bloody brilliantly, but I also got to revisit the movie, which I loved to bits. One of the biggest advantages of reading the screenplay is all the side action that is, albeit in brief, explained meticulously which sometimes doesn't portray so particularly well on screen because it's not explicit. Revisiting the movie and meeting the wonderful Newt again was just so amazing. 


Aside from Newt, however, I loved how close a look I got into the life of this dark but very poor and likeable child, Credence, who is one of the most important characters of the movie. It was also beautiful meeting curious and funny Jacob, sweet and sexy Queenie and lovely and strong Tina again. Not just that, but visiting the American wizarding world again was a fantastic experience. I could imagine everything so perfectly and it felt good to go back.


As always, with any magical world book by Queen Rowling, I find myself incapable of doing her writing and storytelling justice, so I will leave it up to you to buy a copy, read and devour the screenplay of which we have the privilege of reading.

Buy the book: AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!