Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review- Unspoken by Jen Fredrick

Summary-

Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary. 

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered. 

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her. 

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

Summary-

Unspoken is the second book in Jen Fredricks Woodlands series. I think I really lucked out when I stumbled upon this series. I liked Unspoken much more than the first book, Undeclared. Jen Fredricks is a really good author and if you love college romances like I do, you should check her books out.

AnnMarie or AM as everybody calls her has been called every dirty name in the book. The whole college thinks she's slept with the entire Lacrosse team. That is why she shies away from everything and everyone except a select few friends. But when Bo becomes her biology lab partner, things change. I loved AM. She was a strong and brave person and I loved the way she stood up for herself.

Bo Randolph is Noah's best friend and a former Marine whom we'd met in the previous book. He's a total player and has slept his way through the entire female population. Bo was amazing. He did have a quick trigger temper but his loyalty for his friends shines through. Bo is very attracted and intrigued by AM and all he wants to do is bring those walls down.

The romance between Bo and AM is not at all hasty. They take their time with each other. The sexual tension between them is thick and when they finally give in to each other their chemistry is hot. There is a ton of depth to their characters and we find what lies beneath the surface. This was a total case of opposites attract but Bo and AM have a lovely understanding of each other. I loved the intimate scenes.

The whole of Woodlands crew is hot and I'm looking forward to each one's books. We get to see how Noah and Grace are doing. Jen Fredricks writing is simple and steady and engaging. I'm looking forward to reading more book from her. I really enjoyed Unspoken.



1 comment:

  1. This one is new to me but it does sound really interesting. I'm really happy that you've enjoyed this one more than the first book. It means that this book is progressing in the right direction. I hope you'll enjoy other character's books as well. Great review, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!