Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review- Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Summary-

There’s always one more grave to dig.

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

Review-

I was both looking forward to and dreading reading Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost because this is the last book in the Night Huntress series. I can definitely say that I'm terribly going to miss Cat and Bones because this is the series which initially got me into adult paranormal romance/ urban fantasy type books. 

Okay so to start off, I had a little bit of a hard time recalling what had happened in the previous Night Huntress books because I'd read them years ago plus my focus was obviously on all things Bones more than the plot itself. ;) But Jeaniene Frost has wonderfully recapped everything for us. It just made me realize how much in love with the Night Huntress world I am.

Cat was still her stubborn yet loyal self. I love getting in her head and how she sees the world in black and white. I did have a tiny problem with her trust issues though. It is high time she started COMPLETELY trusting Bones. I wanted that to be more solid.

Then we have Bones. God, that man makes me swoon. I think I swooned every single time Bones opened his mouth. I melted in a puddle while reading his scenes. Bones was AMAZING. He was determined to protect Cat. Just the possessive way in which Bones calls Cat his wife makes me fall hard for him. Again. There is no doubting how perfect Cat and Bones are for each other.

I also adored the remaining cast of characters. Spade and Denise have always been one of my favorite couples and Denise just proved what an awesome best friend she was. I loved Ian. He was hilarious most of the times in his perverted ways. There's also Mencheres and Kira and a tiny bit of Vlad. I thoroughly enjoyed this last book and it gave me a satisfactory ending to a great series.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!