Thursday, January 29, 2015

Review- Kiro's Emily by Abbi Glines

Summary-

The year is 1992, and no one on the rock music scene is hotter than Kiro Manning, the lead singer of Slacker Demon. With a multi-platinum record, total ownership of the Billboard charts, sold-out concerts, and sinful amounts of money, Kiro can have anything—and anyone—he wants.

So when a dark-haired, conservative beauty rebuffs him at a concert after-party, his first thought is, “Who the hell does she think she is?” His second thought: “How do I make her mine?” Kiro has always loved a good challenge, but not every girl wants to get involved with a rock god. Especially this girl.

He let her go that night, but he never forgot her. And when they met again, he vowed not to give up again so easily.

As the world worshipped Kiro, he came to worship the girl, who became everything he never knew he needed. The only girl he would ever love. His Emily.

Review-

Abbi Glines' books always seem to be comfort reads for me. They are easy to read and most of the time take my mind of things with the cheesy romance. So when Kiro's Emily came out I got right to it. While I do think Kiro's Emily was a fairly good novella it was not as good as some other Abbi Glines books.

Kiro is the lead singer of the famous band Slacker Demon. He is rich and spoiled  and completely out of control. I really hadn't liked Kiro when we'd met him in all the previous books but here we get to see him in his true rock star form. Kiro has everything he wants in life fame, women and money but then he meets Emily and something in him changes.

I really liked Emily. She was a sweet and simple girl and had no intention of catching the fancy of Kiro Manning. Like most Abbi Glines heroines she was innocent and pure so that the hero is completely smitten at first sight. And that is exactly what happens with Kiro and Emily. I liked the chemistry Kiro and Emily shared and it was nice to see a more human side to Kiro.

Kiro's Emily has a bittersweet ending which was a little sad to read. But things are the way they are. There were just issues I had with Kiro's behavior which at times made me feel like I was reading about two different people. One from the previous books and one in Kiro's Emily. Kiro's Emily was a quick and light read.



1 comment:

  1. I have never read an Abbi Glines book before but I really want to, I've heard such amazing things! Sucks that you didn't enjoy this one as much as you usually do. Great review!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!