Thursday, January 01, 2015

Review- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

Summary-

Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...

Review-

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers is the last book in the His Fair Assassin trilogy. I had thoroughly enjoyed Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph and thought things just couldn't get better in Mortal Heart. I was wrong. Mortal Heart was AMAZING! And I loved loved loved it!

Annith is the only one left at the Convent who is the oldest and has not yet been assigned anything. She is skilled and has always tried to please everyone around her hoping they would give her chance to finally prove herself. I loved Annith. At first you think she is just a good girl but there is so much more depth to her. Her reasons, her thoughts behind her actions, everything shows in Mortal Heart and it was lovely to watch.

When Annith discovers that she is going to made the next Seeress, against her wishes, she devises a plan to escape the Convent. And on her journey to find answers, she meets the dark and mysterious Balthazaar. I really liked seeing Balthazaar and his Hellequin. It was such a unique take on the whole thing and one I never would have imagined. 

The connection Annith and Balthazaar share was amazing to watch. They understood each other and had loads of chemistry. In a world where they had both lost hope they found something to hold on in each other. I loved how fierce Annith was when it came to protecting her loved ones and the duchess. There was an equal amount of political turmoil and romance in the book so it was a pleasure to read.

We also get to see loads of Ismae, Duval, Sybella and Beast in Mortal Heart. It is so good to see them doing so well with each other and facing things together. With Annith by their side they make a strong team. All the questions and open threads are cleared in Mortal Heart. There were many twists to say the least and everything came together seamlessly in the end. I loved Mortal Heart and this series has been one of the best ones I've read till date.




4 comments:

  1. I would have preferred to be a seer myself, but Annith deserves what she wants for being a 'good girl'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you loved this book! I really really love this series ! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series, but I still need to read Mortal Heart. I have the book so I really have no excuse. I feel bad for Annith and the fact they were trying to force her to be a seer and never leave when she so desperately wanted out and on her own mission. I can't wait to see her shine! Wonderful review, Janhvi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been unsure whether or not I wanted to try this series out because well, I have heard a lot of mixed things for the first book. But maybe I will now that I see this has such an amazing end to it!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!