Monday, January 27, 2014

Review- Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi

Goodreads Summary:

In this electrifying sixty-page companion novella to the New York Timesbestselling Shatter Me series, discover the fate of the Omega Point rebels as they go up against The Reestablishment. Set during and soon after the final moments of Unravel MeFracture Me is told from Adam's perspective.

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.

On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.

Fracture Me sets the stage for Ignite Me, the explosive finale in Tahereh Mafi's epic dystopian series. It's a novella not to be missed by fans who crave action-packed stories with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu.


Shatter me Series:


REVIEW:

Fracture Me is a novella from Adam Kent's point of view in the Shatter Me series that falls between book #2 Unravel Me and the final installment in the trilogy, Ignite Me. Before I get onto anything, let me just clarify that I am Team Warner. That's the reason why I wasn't as excited about Fracture Me as Team Adam members or as in between about it as readers who can't decide what Team to join. But what I can say is that I hoped this novella would be drastic like Destroy Me, but but but... it wasn't. 

Many readers have not liked Fracture Me as much as they would have loved to like it and I can completely understand why. This book isn't how and what Tahereh Mafi usually writes. I get that. And I also get that Adam seemed really stupid at times for not going after the love of his life the way any sane person probably would, especially since he seemed crazy in love with Juliet in the first book. 

“Losing a parent is excruciating, but somehow, the pain is so much different from losing a child. And James, to me, in many ways, feels like my own kid. I raised him. Took care of him. Protected him. Fed him and clothed him. Taught him most everything he knows. He’s my only hope in all this devastation- the one thing I’ve always lived for, always fought for. I’d be lost without him.

James gives my life purpose.”

In my most sincere and humble opinion, what Adam does is actually really amazing. As a sensible person, he does exactly what is expected of him- he puts family before anything and anyone else and I cannot express how much I admire him for that. It was so good and highly refreshing to see Adam dedicate his life to the safety of his little brother James. Yes, Adam did seem stupid sometimes, but he has responsibilities and come to think of it, a dystopian world is very well capable of making someone mad so I understand Adam.

For such a short read, Fracture Me isn't a five star read like all the other books in the series and it isn't even much content wise, but it was very good whatever it was and I love this series so much. This book has made me respect Adam and at the same time, it has made me realise why I am all for Warner winning the girl in the first place. Adam has a life besides Juliet and he will be happy without Juliet; I know that. 

RATING: 





7 comments:

  1. Did this give you the same Team Warner hope it gave me? I have not been a huge fan of Adam since the first book. I've found him whiny and too self absorbed at times. I agree that Fracture Me gives a new view of him. He is much more level headed. Yet, the passion he seemed to display for Juliette before, was lacking. For which, I am thankful. Go Warner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already Team Warner, dude! I know, the passion just went poof. Thank you, Ali!

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten into this series yet so I have no idea whether I would be Team Warner or Team Adam, but it is nice to hear that you got to see another side of Adam... and it's interesting that it firmly solidified you as Team Warner! Hmm, I'm quite curious about who's who in his series and who's going to end up with who, and this is all before I've even read the books! So I know I'm going to be into this series when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one addictive series so I suggest you put it on your TBR or better yet, soon to read pile soon. Thank you, Aylee!

      Delete
  3. I have this one and need to read but glad to hear its fun to read about Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! He isn't boring as such, but yes, when you compare him to Warner, he is pretty plain. It's cool if you don't read this, Aman.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!