Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is:
So for the last Top Ten Tuesday of the 2014, and with a topic so interesting, Janhvi and I have both decided to share five bookish goals each.
1. READ!!!- 2014 was not the greatest year for me in terms of reading. I barely read some 75 books. I don't like to pressurize myself, but hey, even I know I can do much better than just 75. So my first goal is to just take a break, relax and READ.
2. READ WHAT I WANT- With the books I have to read for literature class, I have no option. But with other books, I get to pick what I want. Review books and the pressure that comes with them are intimidating. Besides, I do have stacks and stacks of books from years to finally read, and if all goes well, 2015 will be dedicated to those.
3. PAY ATTENTION TO THE BLOG- I'm not bad at blogging. In fact, I love it, but like books, I didn't give it my 100% this year, so I definitely plan on getting back to making blogging schedules and having everything organised.
4. COMMENT REGULARLY- I just tend to spam my friends' blogs by going over there once in a while and commenting on a number of posts at once. I genuinely want to comment more regularly, so even I can be in touch with what's going on around in the book blogosphere.
5. COLLECT BOOKS- None of us bookish people need a reminder for this, but my aim is to collect books I've read in e-format and loved and that I've been wanting to have physical copies of since ages.
6. READ A LOT- I have a lot of books that really interest me but I just don't have the time to get to them all. I hope I can read as many books as possible next year.
7. READ DIVERSE BOOKS- I tend to stick to my staple diet of romance most of the times. But I hope to read and try out other genres next year. Basically, try to get out of my comfort zone.
8. READ MORE PAPERBACKS/HARDCOVERS- I love my Kindle. But because of that the books on my shelf get ignored. I want to try and clear reading as many physical copies I own next year without failing.
9. TRY READING A POETRY BOOK- I love reading poems by Tyler Knott Gregson, Lang Leav and Christopher Poindexter. I hope to own and read at least one poetry book next year.
10. REVIEW ON TIME AND BE ACTIVE- I tend to be lazy while writing reviews. Sometimes it piles on and on and then I ignore it. So I will try my best to review the books I read on time. Also, I really want to be more active commenting and finding new blogs.
What are your bookish goals for the New Year? Let us know in the comments below. Happy reading, guys!
I wish I commented more regularly too, I tend to comment on a weekly basis - I visit a lot of blogs on, say, Sunday, and comment on everything new since the last time I commented hah. I need to start setting aside time like every other day or something! And I am also terrible at writing reviews on time but I notice I have a much easier time when I do! I could definitely do better at this!ReplyDelete
Good luck with your new resolutions and thanks for stopping by our TTT!
Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
75 books is a lot of books, but we all have our own goals that we wish to fulfill! Good luck with your 2015 reading goal :-D Are you both taking part in any challenges?ReplyDelete
You should definitely focus on reading what you want to read! Otherwise, I feel like reading can become a chore.. When I look at the amount of books some other bloggers read -like 200 or 300- I feel so incompetent but the truth is we all read a lot. 50+ books is a lot for most people who tend to read about 2 books on average per year. :)ReplyDelete
Good luck with all of your goals!
OOoh very nice! I'd like to read more too, though I know that might change if I can get my #1 goal achieved!ReplyDelete
Good luck with your resolutions!
Here's my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
These are all very nice goals! I love how simply READ is such a common one in these lists, I feel like that is ultimately the one true goal of all bookish people and the most important one :DReplyDelete
2014 wasn't a good reading year for me either. I read 74 books and that's the lowest number of books in a few years. So, for 2015 I really want to get away from Netflix and Youtube and just read. Although this might be difficult to do since I am starting collage classes in January, so I might not make it, but I am going to try.ReplyDelete
Sarika, I have the same problem. I won't comment on any blogs for about a week and then I'll just visit my favorite blogs and comment on everyone of their posts for that week. I really want to start comment more regularly as well, I am determined!
Good luck on your goals you guys :D
Aww, I think you ladies do great both reading-wise and blogging-wise, but I do admire your goal to try harder for next year! Actually, I feel like my goals are completely in line with yours - especially Read What I Want and Read More Diverse Books! Happy New Year :DReplyDelete
Good luck with your reading goals Janhvi and Sarika, I certainly wasn't able to read as much this year either, so I hope we all get to read many great reads next year! :)ReplyDelete
I definitely agree with you on review books. They are intimidating and I always feel like I have to read them instead of the books I own. This is something that I have to work on this year. Great list of goals!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier this week! Great goals! I'm with you...I wanted to focus more on reading what I want this year too. I don't have school or anything pushing me to read books I'm not interested in, but I definitely get stuck on a few that I try to force myself to read that I'm just not enjoying. I love the idea of reading a poetry book too. I sometimes struggle with poetry, but I'd love to give it a shot.ReplyDelete
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
I have a very tough time remembering to tend to the blog. I went through a HORRIBLE slump and I really neglected my duties. I hope to change that this year.ReplyDelete
I like a lot of these goals! One of mine is also to translate ebooks I have loved into physical copies as well, which I am going to do once I am done saving up for travels this year and have some money left :D I like the idea of reading a lot as well. This year my aim is 100.ReplyDelete
off white jordan 1
golden goose sneakers