Thursday, December 15, 2016

Review- Howl by Kelley York

 BOOK SUMMARY:

Ivan and his family moved in with their grandpa in order to rally around his sick little brother, Eli, as he went through treatment. It’s not a bad change; Ivan and Eli love to sit outside and listen to the wolves howling from the woods. It’s calming. At least, until Eli disappears from his bed to go looking for them. Chasing after his brother brings Ivan face-to-face with a strange, wild, beautiful boy living in the forest with the wolves…and nothing will ever be the same.

Part of Take a Chance Anthology.


Release date: December 8th 2016
Published by: Beaten Track Books
Page numbers: 32

REVIEW: 

Author Kelley York' short story, Howl, is a part of the Take A Chance anthology which releases on December 15th (which is today!). I am obviously super excited to read the book, but when I saw that Kelley's story was already available on Amazon (.in and .com), I bought myself a copy, and like any other book by the author, this one did not disappoint.  Howl is a beautiful and moving story that reflects Kelley's love for and respect towards animals. Now I myself love my animals more than humans and have a special spot for wolves in my heart, so this story for me was everything. 

There's really not much to say about this one particular short story, because it's easier to just read it for yourself and appreciate it. But what I would like to stress on is the fact that I have only read Kelley's contemporaries so far, but in no way was I apprehensive about trying something new from her, because I knew it would be good anyway. And it turned out to be just that. Like any other short story, however (or any other book from your favourite author), I wish there was more, and I sure as hell hope *hint hint* that Kelley continues this amazing story of Ivan, Eli and the magnificent wolves. 

As usual, Kelley's writing was just as beautiful as her story-telling. If this is just one of the many stories in the anothology, I really cannot wait to see what the other authors have in store for us. I'm sure this anthology will be amazing, mainly because it's LGBT, and also because some really cool authors have contributed to it. Meanwhile, if you get the chance, do give Howl a go, because it's a short, moving, emotional and extremely beautiful story. 

Buy the book: AMAZON (IN) / AMAZON (COM)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!