Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review- Accord of Fire by Kevin McLaughlin

REVIEW: 

I got this book for free as part of the author's newsletter subscription. Now I'm not much into science fiction, but because this is a super short story and because it was free, I thought of giving it a try. While the book was extremely well-written and had me wanting to know more, it wasn't all that interesting.

Captain Nicholas Stein doesn't consider himself to be a "hero" in any way, but whatever he manages to do in this 18 page story is nothing less than heroic. Somehow, while this main character in the story was really cool and well-developed; the plot had me lost, which is disappointing, because how difficult is it to understand a 18 page story? I wish the plot was slightly more concrete and developed.

Having said that, however, I do know and understand that this is only a prequel and there's a whole series on Captain Nicholas Stein, which I'm quite sure must be super interesting. If I ever get the opportunity, I'd love to give it a shot just to know more. For the time being, however, Accord of Fire was a nice read.



1 comment:


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!