Thursday, November 01, 2018

Review- Raising Rihaan by Ketaki Latkar and Annushka Hardikar

Raising Rihaan on Goodreads

 BOOK SUMMARY:

Raising Rihaan is a graphic anthology. Simply put, it is a collection of comic strips and speaks about the protagonist Rihaan, and a range of his daily antics. Rihaan is an adorable 12-year old adolescent, who is inquisitive, cheeky, and bright. His millennial parents are heavily invested in his upbringing.


Release date: September 29th 2018
Published by: Comp-Print Kalpana Pvt Ltd 

REVIEW: 


It is always super exciting to read something written by a family friend. So when I got to know that Ketaki was writing Raising Rihaan, I was extremely happy. Raising Rihaan is a graphic anthology that features snippets from the life of Rihaan, who is raised by millenial parents. Now this was soemthing that really caught my fancy as I am a school teacher and everyday, I get to see how kids these days are. 

I found Rihaan to be exactly like my students in school who are super smart, admirably practical, tech savvy and also slightly confused about most of the stuff adults around them do and say (but then, who isn't?). His parents are very much like parents I meet often. The characters in this anthology are very relatable in a way that's both fun and serious as it does raise the question of upbringing. 

What I liked most about Raising Rihaan is the interviews with people special in thier own fields that deal with childhood and parenting, which makes the book not just a fun and quick read but also something that will end up teaching the reader a thing or two. And the illustrations deserve a special mention as well. Annushka Hardikar's attention to detail is mesmerising. As a French teacher, to see the typical picture of a baguette, a glass of wine and some cheese in Rihaan's French textbook put a smile on my face. 

Overall, author Ketaki Latkar has done a brilliant job in making this book a very easy, quick and fun read. It took me less than an hour to finish it. It would've taken less but I did stop here and there to admire the illustrations. Ketaki's easy writing coupled with Annushka's fantastic designs make this one a super fun read. I would highly recommend Raising Rihaan to fans of contemporaries who are looking for something different on a Sunday evening. 


Buy the book: From author Ketaki Latkar on Facebook, Instagram or drop an email at raisingrihaan@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!