Saturday, October 17, 2020

Review- The Rules of Enchantment by Wendy Tardieu



It had been a long time since I read a fantasy novel, so when the publishing house TCK Publishing contacted me about The Rules of Enchantment, I knew I had to pick it up because the summary sounded quite interesting. While I've been on a break from fiction for quite some time now, I thought it would be difficult for me to get into the book and while it did take me longer than usual to finish it, I must say that the minute I started reading this book, I was immediately drawn into a new world full of magic and madness. 

The Rules of Enchantment at its heart is a teacher student romance where Kyler, a scribe, is sent to change the fate of magic under her Master, the sorcerer Leith. While the tension between the two was quite obvious, the romance seemed to be ever so slightly sprinkled here and there. I wouldn't really call this a romance as other than a few sensual scenes, there really wasn't much of a romantic development between Kyler and Leith. 

Coming to the plot of the book, it was quite well thought of and written. Author Wendy Tardieu's writing is easy to follow and her storytelling has a very intriguing charm to it. A short read that'll keep the reader wanting to know more, this book is of the perfect length- not too long, not too short, it's just enough to keep the reader curious and solve all their doubts and problems. 

Overall, this book was a refreshing change from the books I have been reading recently. I did find it hard to stick to it, and at times, even keep a track of what's going on, but overall, the joy of getting into a new world provided an escape to reality, which pretty much fulfils the purpose of a fictional story. I would recommend this book to someone who wants to get into fantasy. A die hard fan of the genre has definitely read better, but this is a great one for a beginner! 





No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!