Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review- The Mayfair Moon by J.A.Redmerski

 Summary-

  After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.

Review-

The Mayfair Moon was a book which interested me because of its gorgeous cover. The summary was intriguing and I read some really great reviews of it on Goodreads. This was a paranormal book and it had been some time since I read one. It definitely did not have any cliches and managed to keep me interested till the very end.

Adria and Alex are two sisters who live in an awful home with their abusive step father. Things quickly move along as the two sisters are violently attacked by a vicious creature leaving them battered and bruised. And so the social services send them to live with their Uncle and his wife. Adria soon realizes that the attack has left her sister scarred inside and try as she may she can't get over it. Something has changed.

The Mayfair Moon is told completely from Adria's point of view. I loved Adria as a character. She was fierce and loyal. I admired her protectiveness towards Alex and her mother. She wasn't whiny or annoying. She worked with what she had and was just trying to figure out things to the best of her abilities while keeping her life in balance.

Isaac, the love interest, was simply amazing. I loved his quiet strength since the first moment we met him and how he had to work through his feelings for Adria. The attraction between them was palpable but it never seemed forced or rushed. Things flowed how they were meant to. We get to meet the whole Mayfair family in this book. I loved Adria's loyal best friend Harry.

J.A.Redmerski's writing style is smooth and steady. The book is well paced with lots of action so you don't get bored. I never once felt that the werewolf plot line was over used. It had the right amount of romance and action blended by quick and witty dialogue. The book didn't exactly end on a cliffhanger but more things were hinted at and some left incomplete. I will definitely be picking up the next book, Kindred in this series.

 X 4
Janhvi
                                                                                            

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I hear of this book. Wow! I haven't read a lot books about werewolves so I could give this one a try. I'm happy you liked it :) Great review Janhvi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I just recently read Redmerksi's The Edge of Never and really enjoyed her writing style. This one is already on my TBR but I think I will make a bigger effort to get to it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series! It's one of my favorite werewolf stories :)
    Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing posts is fun and interesting. I like your blog and your ideas that you describe here. To be in trend of nowadays fashion I use brazilian but lift jeans.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!