Thursday, November 28, 2013

Review- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Summary-

It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death. 

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first. 

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night? 

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

I thoroughly enjoyed buddy reading this with Aman @ Enticed by Books. You can find her review here.

Review-

It had taken me some time to warm up to Under the Never Sky because it was a whole new world and it took time getting used to. That was so not the case with Through the Ever Night. The book starts off with a bang. I did  not surface till about 30% of the book had flown by me. After that, it was a little okay for me cause Perry and Aria get separated.

In this book there is lot of development with the characters and the plot. Aria is a changed person. She is strong and determined, focused on her goal. Her love for Perry is unquestionable and it was great to see how she always wanted what was best for him. Overall, I liked her more and more in this book. Her friendship with Roar just cemented it more for me.

Then we have Perry. A lot of responsibility is put on Perry in Through the Ever Night. He struggles with the weight of it, but comes through by the end. All this also puts a strain on Perry and Aria's relationship, with the distance between them. But Perry gets through his rough patch. In the previous book we saw them together, but in this one their individual personalities shine through.

Roar has been my favorite person in this series through day one. I was happy to see him present for almost all of the book. But the things that happen with him in this book were heart breaking. The one main reason I want to desperately get my hands on Into The Still Blue is to see how Roar is doing. We get to meet a ton of new characters from Perry's tribe. Some unexpected reappearances happen.

With the way things end, it has become a lot more dangerous. Now, the quest for the Still Blue is the only thing that can keep everyone alive. Veronica Rossi has created a unique world. Her writing is engaging and once you're into the book, it keeps you hooked. This book was much more character driven than the last one and I think that's why I enjoyed it more.



6 comments:

  1. what irony, i did the review of this little beauty today too. And it seems like our though processes match..... good to see you liked it too.

    great review
    do check my review of it too here
    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody loves this series, I obviously need to just give this book a chance lol. Don't you just love when a book is so good you can't stop reading? Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't read the review because the blurb alone is giving me spoilers but with 4 owls this book must be a fave of yours. Thanks for popping by my blog and wishing me Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! Can't wait for Into the Still Blue...

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to read this series soon. I'm so glad that this sequel turned out better than expected and I love to hear that Aria changed which is great when you have characters grow. I love her name too :) Great review, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books sounds awesome! I know you must have loved it to give it 4 stars! I love when a book starts off with a bang. It's always difficult when your favorite characters get separated! This sounds like a great dystopian series! Awesome Review Janhvi :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!