Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #64

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
Publication Date: June 3, 2014


Summary-

I want someone who will talk to me honestly about things. You're the only person who ever has. Maybe you don't know this, but when you're disabled almost no one tells you the truth. They feel too awkward because the truth seems too sad, I guess. You were very brave to walk up to the crippled girl and say, essentially, wipe that sunny expression off your face and look at reality. That's what I want you to do next year. Tell me the truth. That's all.

Amy and Matthew didn't know each other, really. They weren't friends. Matthew remembered her, sure, but he remembered a lot of people from elementary school that he wasn't friends with now.

Matthew never planned to tell Amy what he thought of her cheerful facade, but after he does, Amy realizes she needs someone like him in her life.

As they begin to spend more time with each other, Amy learns that Matthew has his own secrets and she decides to try to help him in the same way he's helped her. And when what started out as a friendship turns into something neither of them expected, they realize that they tell each other everything--except the one thing that matters most.

This book sounds really unique. I'm excited for it :)
What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around. Not sure if it is one I'll read but I do hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if this would be up my alley, but I do really like the premise and I LOVE the cover art!

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is so nice! I'm not sure I'd read it though. Check out my WoW at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this one around, but the premise sounds really cool. Cute, quirky and character-central (which I love).

    Here’s my WoW :)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you! I'm off to add this one to my goodreads shelf. This sounds really fantastic--hope it has a happy ending :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book does sound interesting. This is the first time that I've ever heard of it. Thanks for sharing :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!