Monday, November 25, 2013

Review- Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi

Goodreads Summary:

Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital—and more brutal—than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever.


Under the Never Sky series: 


REVIEW:

Roar and Liv is actually a prequel to author Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky series, but I think that because it came out after the first book's release, everyone read it as a 1.5 instead of a 0.5 novella. I am explaining this because when I started reading it, I had no idea as to what was happening and why it was happening since the way Under the Never Sky ended, Roar and Liv could just not have what it had. Then I saw that it was 0.5, my brain went into putting two and two together and the story made absolute sense and turned out to be an even more amazing read, albeit short, than Under the Never Sky
There were a lot of side characters in 
Under the Never Sky  Even though each of them was important in their own way and well portrayed by author Veronica Rossi, I was deeply engrossed in the interaction and chemistry between the protagonists, Aria and Peregrine. 
Once I started reading 
Roar and Liv, I found that Roar is simply amazing. His point of view, which lasts throughout the book, was just as amazing as him. His thoughts were so good that they made me like him even more. Author Veronica Rossi has put down Roar's view beautifully.  
Roar and his grandmother go to Peregrine's father, Jodan, who gives the two food and shelter and Roar two best friends. Roar, Liv and Peregrine know each other since childhood. Roar and Peregrine's friendship is strong, fun and loyal making Roar seem like more of a brother to Peregrine than his real brother, Vale. Roar feels a deep attraction towards Liv which turns into a sweet love. But where there is love, there are tons and heaps of problems. I always enjoy forbidden, behind the scenes and heartbreaking romances and Roar and Liv's was just the same. 
Overall, Roar and Liv was an amazing novella that ended unhappily which I love but with the promise of more to come. I absolutely enjoyed this one. 

RATING:



11 comments:

  1. I loved reading from Roar's POV too! He's probably my favourite YA side character ever. And yeah there was so much heartbreak in it :/ But at the same time I loved the relationship between Roar and Liv.
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that I still haven't started this series. I have heard amazing things about it and I will probably read it someday (yeah you can drive me crazy like I drive you crazy :)). I'm so glad you enjoyed this story. Great review Sarika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'd love to do that. But aside from this book, this series has been very close to putting me in a slump so we'll see about it. Thank you, Tanja!

      Delete
  3. I love Roar! He is one of my favorite secondary characters. I too, enjoyed this one even though it was not the happiest of stories. But Roar's point of view made me love his character even more!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Roar is totally amazing. Glad you like him too, Ashley.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't started this series but it sounds really good! Glad you enjoyed it, great review! :)
    Anna's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the best story in the series. I hope you can read it sometime, Anna. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read this series! It sounds really good! I like when a novella is a part of an established series, and just adds to the story. Great Review Sarika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and this one was a super amazing one at that. Thank you, Lindy!

      Delete
  6. I know, those questions are daunting me too and I hope you get your answers in the next books to come. Thank you, Aman!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!