Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #8

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Books you'd recommend to X person. As far as I'm concerned I love romances and have probably read all kinds of it. So, I'll pick Top Ten Books I'd recommend to a non romance reader. 

My picks are-

1. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay.
This is one of the best new adult books I've read. It is not cliched and has broken characters. The depth portrayed was amazing.


2. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young.
On Dublin Street has everything you want in a romance novel. Braden is swoon worthy and with all the angst and emotions it makes for a great read.


3. The Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh.
Nalini Singh is the BEST paranormal romance author you'll EVER find. All my use of CAPS cannot show how BRILLIANT her books are.


4. Pushing The Limits series by Katie McGarry
I love Katie McGarry's writing style. She makes young adult books into so much more.


5. Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shlavis
Jill Shlavis has a unique ability to mix sweet and sensual into one. Her Lucky Harbor series make for perfect feel good books.


6. Any book by Colleen Hoover.
Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors. She writes gut wrenching emotional scenes and actually makes you work for the happy ending


7. The FBI/U.S.Attorney series by Julie James.
No one can write witty banter like Julie James. Her couples are hot. You have to try one of her books if you haven't before.


8. Any book by Abbi Glines.
Abbi Glines' books are short and sexy. They make for quick reads which always leave you grinning afterwards.


9. The Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas.
If you haven't tried any historical romances and want to, Lisa Kleypas is the way to go. Her romances and writing are beautiful.


10. Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles.
Simone Elkeles is one of the best YA authors out there and the Perfect Chemistry series is one of my absolute favorites!


These were my picks. I'm pretty sure someone who doesn't read romance can find a good romance in these picks.
What are your picks?

11 comments:

  1. Totally agree with Pushing the Limits! One of my favourite series ever. And I really need to read Perfect Chemistry and Colleen Hoover's books, I've heard so much about them.
    Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sea of Tranquility is one of my all time favorites, I recommend it to everybody. :)
    I loved C. Hoover Slammed series (first book is my fave), The Perfect Chemistry is so-so, but I ejoyed those Latino boys so damn much.
    I don't even have to say how much I adore Pushing the Limits.

    Perfect list, Janhvi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with The Sea of Tranquility. That book is so much and then some more! :) Also Katie and her books as well. Great list, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really read romance so when I look at this list, I am already adding some to my TBR. I also am eager to read The Sea of Tranquility - heard so good things about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your choices! I think I might have to add some of these to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent read any of those :( Maybe I will have to check some of them out!
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-books-i-would-recomend-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought On Dublin Street so long ago and I still need to read it. The reviews are so good! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big fan of Simone Elkeles but I love Lisa Kleypas! Also the Sea of Tranquility is so good! I completely agree with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your recommendations Janhvi, sometimes all I need is a good romance book to curl up to. I've been meaning to pick up On Dublin Street and a book by Jll Shalvis for a long time, so I'm glad to see that these books made it to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list you have here!! The Wallflower series is my favorite series by Kleypas. I have heard some great things about Jill Shavis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ashamed that I own so many of these books and haven't read them! I'm very particular when it comes to romances, so I'm going to try and read some of these soon.

    I DID read Pushing the Limits though, and I loved it.

    Great list :-D

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!