Monday, March 31, 2014

Review- Stubborn Love by Natalie Ward

Summary-

Five years ago, tragedy brought Jared and Mia together. A tragedy that was the start of an unlikely source of support, a true friendship and eventually, deep, heart-stopping love. Until the day something pushed them apart, forcing one of them to let the other one go.
Now, over the course of a day and a night, Jared and Mia will finally talk about how it all went wrong. How something which seemed so perfect and true, was so easily broken. And just when they think they’ve found their way back to each other, their love, will once more be put to the ultimate test.

Sometimes, you never realise how much you can hurt the one you love.
Sometimes, you never realise the lengths you’ll go to, to help someone you love.
And sometimes, you never realise just how stubborn love can be.
Because it’s impossible to let somebody go, when you never stopped loving them in the first place.

Review-

I was a HUGE fan of Natalie Ward's I Love You To Death. Stubborn Love is a companion novel to I Love You To Death which overlaps the time line. Its the story of Mia and Jared. Mia is Luke's sister who is the hero in I Love You To Death. I can't say that I loved Stubborn Love. It was a good read but not as the first book.

The biggest problem I had with this book was Mia. I hate it when I can't like or understand the main character. It just takes the fun out of reading the book and that is what happened here. Mia has been in love with Jared since she has known him. Jared is also completely in love with Mia but still Mia denies them. What I really found stupid though was the basis on which Mia decides that they can't be together.

Jared has seen how difficult life has been for Luke and Mia. All he wants to do is protect and love Mia. I really liked Jared. His anger towards Mia was justified. She just couldn't trust him in spite of him never giving her a single chance to doubt his love for her. But I did think that there could have been more to him than shown.

The book moves from both Jared and Mia's point of views. Mia's pov is in the present handling the current situation between her and Jared. Jared's pov is in the past showing how he and Mia met. I liked the romance. Natalie Ward writes really well. I especially liked how the intimacy was portrayed between Mia and Jared.

There were times I got bored reading the same scenes first from Mia's pov and then Jared's. It dragged out the story a bit for me. Stubborn Love lacked the emotions and depth which I found in the first book. But still it was not all bad. I had just expected more. Stubborn Love was an okay read.




1 comment:

  1. I have first novel on my Kindle for months but I can't find time to read it. :/ I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this one as much as you did first. Great review, Janhvi.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!