Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review- Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

Summary-

(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. 
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. 
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. 
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. 
What lengths would she go through to keep them?

Review-

Yes, I can see how the cover may give an impression that Willing Captive is a BDSM romance. It is NOT. It is actually a pretty hilarious book with a nice contemporary romance setting. When a friend recommended that I read Willing Captive I was a little bit unsure but I'm so glad I read the book because I really enjoyed it.

Lily Flynn is our heroine. She is twenty two years old and is sick and tired of just existing. She has a really overprotective father which does not help the situation. At all. Then Lily gets kidnapped. I really liked Lily. She was a genuinely nice person. Though she was a crybaby and always crying at the drop of a pin got a little bit irritating it suited her personality just fine.

Then we have Nox. Nox has been actually given charge to protect Lily under all circumstances. I really liked Nox as well. He was a gruff male, not talking more than required. But he had a past which made him the way he was. Nox was super protective of Lily and that made him swoony. Lily and Nox seemed to perfectly balance each other out.

The romance is definitely on the slower side but not exactly. I liked how Nox and Lily finally started understanding the reasons behind each other's actions. And I have to say this, Belle Aurora is a damn funny lady. I distinctly remember the times I cracked up while reading the book. Lily's sweetness and innocence shined through and Nox was there for it all.

But Willing Captive does have its tough times as well. I liked how realistically Lily and Nox's situation was shown. It was quite believable which first I didn't think possible. I also loved Nox's friends Boo and Rock. They were great and there was loads of action. All in all Willing Captive made for a really great read and I would suggest to everyone to give it a try.



3 comments:

  1. I thought it was BDSM novel because of cover too.:) But it looks like everyone likes this story, few friends recommended it to me. Janhvi, you have it 4 stars. And it's NA. I have to read it now. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I cannot believe this is funny read. I'd give it for BDSM and I already thought how Glass has read it for sure. Little did I know. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one and while I'm not found of NA this one seems really good. Great review, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!