Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #50

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is: 

10 inspiring quotes from books
Here's my list:

1) "Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter."
Albert Camus, The Stranger 

2) "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

3)  "I think that after the first time you give your heart awat, you never get it back. The rest of your life is just you pretending that you still have a heart."
Tarryn Fisher, The Opportunist

4) "For you, a thousand times over," I heard myself say.
Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

5) We do not start as dust. We do not end as dust. We make more than dust.
David Levithan, Two Boys Kissing

6) At the end of the French movie, the lover sings, "Love me less, but love me for a long time."
David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary

7) "After all this time?"

"Always," said Snape. 
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 

8) "I want to bookmark this moment, capture it for the rest of my life. I know there are no guarantees, not in life, not in love. But I'll take what I can get; I'll take whar I can give. Another chance."
Daisy Whitney, When You Were Here

9) A different order means a whole new way of being. It could be fantastic. It could be overwhelmingly beautiful, if people weren't scared."
Kathleen Winter, Annabel

10) "We're all made of starts," he agrees. "We burn bright, then we flicker away."
Kelley York, Made of Stars

What quotes made it to your list? Link me up to your post in the comments below. Happy reading! 


5 comments:

  1. I really like the quote on the opportunist. it's a book that has been on my TBR for a long time

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I find the snape quote gross. I still can't stand hat character lol Love some of those others
    my ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-inspiring.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! I especially love the ones from The Perks of Being a Wallflower and from Two Boys Kissing.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3<3 So lovely. I still need to read a few of these books - sounds like I'm in for a treat! Thank you for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!