Monday, November 18, 2013

Review- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

*This is an early review of Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. 
Publication Date- November 26th 2013

Goodreads Summary:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Pushing The Limits series:


REVIEW:

*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of Crash Into You by Katie McGarry upon request from Net Galley. We thank Net Galley for the book! 

I still remember that tattooed, pierced, hot and bad guy I met in Pushing The Limits. I so wanted him to end up with his best friend but he didn't and I really felt horrible for him in Dare You To
While readers all over the world were swooning over Noah and Ryan, I was desperate for Isaiah to get a story. Then his book finally came, that too one which has a super sexy and super sweet cover. I am so excited that I'll be getting a hardback of it, all thanks to my friend Aman @ Enticed by Books
Isaiah is a seventeen year old foster kid who is one of the most amazing guys I have met in books. 
Crash Into You is his story and it's just as amazing as the guy. Isaiah comes with a I don't give a shit and stay away from me attitude but underneath all those tattoos and piercings is an extremely caring, sweet and protective guy made from years and years of strife, heartbreak and pain. His lines were absolutely amazing and his urge to protect his girl and give her the best he could was admirable. 
I thought I would have problems with Rachel, who is the female protagonist and Isaiah's love interest, but she was a sweet and nice girl and perfect for Isaiah. There were times when I thought that she didn't need to have all those problems she had, but after reading from Isaiah's point of view, I felt it was necessary for her to have as many problems as possible because Isaiah loves to fix things, protect and never break promises. 
Rachel and Isaiah were absolutely perfect and they balanced each other out greatly. Their conversations were extremely adorable yet mature and their chemistry was sizzling. It was such a pleasure to meet Echo, Noah, Beth and Ryan again, as also to meet Rachel's brothers and Isaiah's super cool friend, Abby for the first time. 
Rachel and Isaiah's common love for cars tended to drift me off at times since I don't know much about the subject and the book started out real slow. But keeping aside these two negatives, what made me enjoy Crash Into You was author 
Katie McGarry's amazing style of portraying her broken and amazing characters. Her writing is so good. 
Overall, in the Pushing The Limits series, Crash Into You wasn't as good as Pushing The Limits but it was really better than Dare You To and on it's own, it was an amazing story about two troubled teenagers who find peace and solace in each other's arms and company.

RATING:




9 comments:

  1. Dude we posted review for the same book today ;) I'm so happy you enjoyed this one too. I though that this one would be big disappointment at the start but later I started enjoying it and loved the development. Great review, Sarika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unique stalking has now become telepathy somehow. I'm glad both you and I enjoyed it. Thank you, Tanja.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I saw that lot of people posted this review on Monday.:) Yes, Sarika, stalking level 1000!:D
    Great review, I see that we have almost identical opinion about this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, totally. I know, we kind of have similar thoughts on this. Thank you, Glass.

      Delete
  3. I've been reading so many reviews for this book lately it's really making me feel like I'm missing out! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are, I hope you can read the series sometime. Thank you, Anna.

      Delete
  4. It's good to hear you weren't disappointed with this one even though the guy didn't end up with the girl you originally wanted him to. That's a mark of a talented author that she can still win you over after that! Okay so, I haven't read these books myself because they're not my usual kind of read, but really, I should get over that! Because like I say, Katie McGarry seems definitely talented, especially when it comes to characters and romance and I don't think I want to miss out! GREAT review, Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely consider this series for when you'd like to give contemporaries a try. Katie is awesome! Thank you, Aylee.

      Delete
  5. I know, I'm so happy too. Isaiah is definitely on my top 10 book boyfriends list. Thank you, Aman.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!