Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review- Dirty Thoughts by Megan Erickson

Summary-

Some things are sexier the second time around.

Cal Payton has gruff and grumbly down to an art...all the better for keeping people away. And it usually works. Until Jenna MacMillan-his biggest mistake---walks into Payton and Sons mechanic shop all grown up, looking like sunshine, and inspiring more than a few dirty thoughts.

Jenna was sure she was long over the boy she'd once loved with reckless abandon, but one look at the steel-eyed Cal Payton has her falling apart all over again. Ten years may have passed, but the pull is stronger than ever... and this Cal is all man.

Cal may have no intention of letting Jenna in, but she's always been his light, and it's getting harder to stay all alone in the dark. When a surprise from the past changes everything, Cal and Jenna must decide if their connection should be left alone or if it's exactly what they need for the future of their dreams.

Review-

I had been reading some really nice reviews of the Mechanics of Love series by Megan Erickson and that is the reason I thought that I should give this series a try. Dirty Thoughts is the first book in the Mechanics of Love series. While this book didn't totally blow my mind it was a good romance and I am curious enough about the remainder of the characters to read the next books.

Let's start with Cal. Cal is a mechanic in the small town of Tory. He has always been gruff and reserved. The only person who made him feel things was Jenna, his high school girlfriend. And now she's back in town after ten years. I liked Cal. I always like the plot where the hero is from the wrong side of the tracks and Cal was exactly that. But his love for Jenna was true.

Jenna was a really sweet heroine. She has never been able to get over Cal but circumstances made her leave the last time. Now she's back for good and working with her father. I liked how Jenna treated Cal. She was always there for him even when Cal wanted to deny what was between them. I liked how she always helped Cal out without a moment's hesitation.

Cal and Jenna shared a really nice connection. They had always been there for each other even when it seemed like it would never work between them. I enjoyed their story and how they came back to each other. I also loved the relationship Jenna shared with Cal's family.

The plus point of this book was all the supporting characters we get to meet. I found Cal's jokester brother Brent hilarious and I liked Max and Asher too. I also liked Cal's father. I am curious to see how Brent's story goes in the next book. Dirty Thoughts was a nice read by Megan Erickson.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!