Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review- Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker

Summary-

 Purple-haired, sharp-tongued Reese MacKay knows all about making the wrong choice; she’s made plenty of them in her twenty-odd-years. So when her impulsive, short-lived marriage ends in heartbreak, she decides it’s time for a change. She moves to Miami with the intention of hitting reset on her irresponsible life, and she does quite well…aside from an epically humiliating one-night stand in Cancun with a hot blond bouncer named Ben. Thank God she can get on a plane and leave that mistake behind her.

Football scholarship and frat parties with hot chicks? Part of charmer Ben Morris’s plan. Blown knee that kills any hope of a professional football career? So not part of the plan. Luckily Ben has brains to go with his knockout looks and magnetism. After three long years of balancing law school with his job as a bouncer at Penny’s Palace, he’s ready to lead a more mature life—until his first day of work, when he finds himself in the office of that crazy, hot chick he met in Cancun. The one he hasn’t stopped thinking about.

If Ben truly were a smart guy, he’d stay clear of Reese. She’s the boss’s stepdaughter and it’s been made very clear that office romances are grounds for dismissal. Plus, rumor has it she’s trouble. The only problem is, he likes trouble, especially when it’s so good-looking…

Review-

The only reason why I decided to pick up Five Ways to Fall and finish off the series was that I had marginally liked Ben in the previous books. I had a ton of issues with One Tiny Lie and Four Seconds to Lose which decreased the enjoyment of the series for me. But I'm glad I read Five Ways to Fall because I was satisfied by the end of it and it was a good end to the series.

Reese is a bitch and she knows it. After having being abandoned by her family and her ex husband now all she wants to do is move on but not without getting payback. I really liked Reese. Much more than I thought I would initially. She was genuine, straight forward and had a sense of humor. Her vulnerability lied where love was concerned and over all she was a fun person.

Then we have Ben. After all the hard work, Ben has just started working in a law firm. What he doesn't expect is to be attracted to the purple haired Reese who also happens to be his Boss' step daughter. I really liked Ben too though he was a man whore. He was up front and stood by Reese all along. I loved his family. I do wish we'd gotten more of his pov though.

Ben and Reese have chemistry but for the most part they remain just friends who help each other out when needed. Soon the pretense becomes so much more but I liked the genuine friendship they shared. The lack of angst and drama was refreshing and though they looked like total misfits on the outside they really made a good match.

I also loved seeing the fresh supporting cast. We do get a tiny glimpse of Kacey but other than that this book can easily be read as a stand alone. K.A. Tucker's writing is engaging and smooth so I flew through the book. Five Ways to Fall was a good read for me.


3 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed, Janhvi! I can't read your review unfortunately since I have yet to write my own. This was a 5 star read for me in a very, very long time and I can't wait to read your review on GR after I've written mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on this series a while ago but I'm glad you finished it. Reese is really annoying and I don't think I could stand reading about her. But I must agree with you that Tucker's writing is smooth and easy to enjoy. Great review, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire to you, Janhvi, for finishing this. I gave up after first book, it wasn't for me.
    I am happy to hear that you enjoyed reading the last book.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!