Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #9




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here's my teaser:
In seconds I experienced: pain, shock, eyes burning. My face was getting hot, my heart was pounding. Then breaking. I felt a hard little knot form in the back of my throat, and I tried to keep the tears from coming. I tried to keep from losing complete control of myself. Another sucker punch. I wanted to run. 
-Normalish by Margaret Lesh


Goodreads Summary: 
Fifteen-year-old Stacy questions the strange world of high school, love, her role in a harsh universe, and life, in Normalish.

People tell you high school's so great and wonderful, but they're lying. It's mostly horrible and full of disappointment. It sucks. Your best friend abandons you. The jerk you're in love with pretends to be into you, and then the big dump. The boy you've really clicked with as a friend decides to go all crushy over you, so you break his heart just like yours was -- smashed into little pieces. Your sister goes mental, and you get involved with a guy who’s even crazier than she is (who you know is a very bad idea, but you do it anyway). Math only adds another stink of failure to the whole thing.

High school blows. Just ask freshman Stacy. She’d want you to know.


What's your Teaser Tuesday? 
Happy reading! 

Sarika

15 comments:

  1. Ooh I wonder what's going on. Great teaser!

    My teaser.
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds interesting
    Thanks for dropping by on my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting! Wonder what caused that reaction?

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, poor girl! Great teaser, you have there!
    Thanks for stopping by our blog. Happy reading!

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Diana! Happy reading to you too! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow!!! That was a good one!!! I liked that one. New follower 8) Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting 8) Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Sharrice! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, what happened to get that kind of reaction ... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing teaser! And I love the cover so much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!