Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review- Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Summary-

"I dare you..." 

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does.... 

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him. 

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

Review-

Dare You To is the second book in the Pushing The Limits series. You can find my review of Pushing The Limits here. This is Beth and Ryan's story. Dare You To was easily my most anticipated read of 2013. I loved Noah and Echo's story and so my expectations of Beth and Ryan's story were high. Dare You To was definitely an amazing read but I somehow felt that it didn't wow me like Pushing The Limits did.

We'd met Beth Risk in Pushing The Limits and she came off as a total bitch. She is still a total bitch in the beginning of Dare You To. It takes time to get used to her and she is hard to relate to. But as and how the story progresses we get to see behind all her layers. The facade she puts up is just a form of defense mechanism. Underneath Beth is a sweet girl who just wants to take care of her mother.

Ryan Stone is the golden boy. It looks like he has it all and that his life couldn't be any more perfect if he tried. But Ryan has secrets of his own. He asks out Beth on a crazy dare. Ryan Stone doesn't lose and he sets out to prove just that. But soon Ryan begins to see the real Beth. They have an intense attraction and as they share their real selves they find that they understand each other more than anyone ever could.

Beth and Ryan's relationship starts out on a dare. But as they get closer they realize they could have so much more. The romance is slow moving but honest. Beth has had a difficult past and an even worse present. She is hesitant with Ryan. Her insecurities of not being good enough get in the way. Ryan with his flawless image suddenly wants to risk it all for Beth. I loved how Ryan got Beth out of her shell. Especially by the end of the book, Beth and Ryan's romance becomes seriously swoon worthy.

We also get to see a lot of Isaiah in this book with Noah and Echo. I felt so sad for Isaiah and all the heart ache he had to face. He came of as an intense, loyal guy with a tint of mystery. I am so looking forward to his happy ending in Crash Into You. The writing style was amazing with Beth and Ryan's point of view. We get to see the story from both the sides and understand the situation. I couldn't connect to Beth and Ryan as fast as I did with Echo and Noah but still it was one of my favorite reads this year.

*Note: This book was provided by Netgalley for an honest review. We thank the publisher and the author.




Janhvi

5 comments:

  1. Excellent review Janhvi! I loved Pushing the Limits and have been wanting to read this book! I love stories with Multiple POV's! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janhvi, I just wanted to let you know that we added you girls to our blog love book, because your blog is awesome and so are you guys!

      Delete
  2. Ah!!! Awesome review!! I just recently read Pushing the Limits and am now totally jealous that you have this book. Thank you so much for the awesome review and for stopping by the blog! 8)


    P.S.: Totally agree I am reading Beautiful Redemption very very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I CANNOT WAIT to read this! Thanks for the review!! You ladies rock our socks!!!

    Ps I don't think anyone could ever compare to Echo and Noah...Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, on the one hand, it's too bad you didn't love this one quite as much as Pushing the Limits. On the other hand, it still sounds pretty dang good and I bet Pushing the Limits would be a hard one to beat (I haven't actually read it myself yet... but I assume it would be hard to beat considering all the amazing things I've heard about it!). Heh, I'm glad Beth grows on you as a character despite being a total bitch. Love this review!!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!