Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #26


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Symptoms Of My Insanity by Mindy Raf
Publication Date: April 18th, 2013



Goodreads Summary:

A laugh-out-loud, bittersweet debut full of wit, wisdom, heart, and a hilarious, unforgettable heroine.

When you’re a hypochondriac, there are a million different things that could be wrong with you, but for Izzy, focusing on what could be wrong might be keeping her from dealing with what’s really wrong.

I almost raised my hand, but what would I say? “Mr. Bayer, may I please be excused? I’m not totally positive, but I think I might have cancer.” No way. Then everyone at school would know, and they would treat me differently, and I would be known as “Izzy, that poor girl who diagnosed herself with breast cancer during biology.”

But Izzy’s sense of humor can only get her so far when suddenly her best friend appears to have undergone a personality transplant, her mother’s health takes a turn for the worse, and her beautiful maybe-boyfriend is going all hot and cold. Izzy thinks she’s preparing for the worst-case scenario, but when the worst-case scenario actually hits, it’s a different story altogether—and there’s no tidy list of symptoms to help her through the insanity.

This book sounds quite cool and different. I love the title! 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Sarika

25 comments:

  1. Oh I love books that will make me laugh out loud!! :) This one is new for me but sounds really good :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of knew you'd also like the sound of this one, Tanja! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hmm.. it does sound different. I'll keep an eye out for reviews of it. Thanks a lot for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be lots of fun to read. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it literally screams fun, doesn't it, Maria? :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, this one sounds like it'd be a riot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my wishlist as well.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds great! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one. Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is new to me! It sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds really unique and out there! Definitely need to add this to my to-read list!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Angie @ YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title suits me, haha! This does sound like a interesting read. Thanks for sharing ans stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the exact same thing when I first read the title, Jelly! :P

      Delete
  11. This one is completely new to me - I'm adding it to my tbr now, thanks! I am completely in love that cover! Oh, and the synopsis sounds good, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, is it? Well, I'm off to go see! Thanks, Aman! :D I hope we both get to meet Izzy soon.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!