Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #26


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

                                                               Here's my teaser-
"Are you trying to find some sort of reason that I've become such an asshole? The reason is..I'm an asshole. There are some things in life that can't be explained. Period. Assholes are assholes. Rainbows are pretty. Kittens are cute. Chick flicks are sad. It's the way of things, no explanations."
-If You Stay by Courtney Cole

Summary-

24-year old Pax Tate is an asshole. 
Seriously. 

He’s a tattooed, rock-hard bad-boy with a bad attitude to match. 

But he’s got his reasons. 

His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with guilt although he doesn’t understand why. What he does know is that he and his dad are left alone and with more issues than they can count. 

As Pax grew up, he tried to be the kid his father always wanted; the perfect golden boy, but it didn’t work. His dad couldn’t overcome his grief long enough to notice and Pax couldn’t keep up the impossible perfect façade. 
So he slipped far, far from it. 

Now, he uses drugs and women to cope with the ugliness, the black void that he doesn’t want to deal with. If he pretends that the emptiness isn’t there, then it isn’t, right? 
Wrong. 

And it’s never more apparent than when he meets Mila. 
Sweet, beautiful Mila Hill is the fresh air to his hardened frown, the beauty to his ugly heart. He doesn’t know how to not hurt her, but he quickly realizes that he’s got to figure it out because he needs her to breathe.

When memories of his mother’s death resurface from where he’s repressed them for so long, Mila is there to catch him when the guilt starts making sense. Mila is the one…the one who can save him from his broken troubled heart; from his issues, from the emptiness. 

But only if he can stop being an asshole long enough to allow it. 

He knows that. And he’s working on it. 

But is that enough to make her stay?

                                                                              What's your teaser tuesday?
                                                                                  Janhvi

21 comments:

  1. Telling it straight. I like that. Great choice for a tease.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tease!
    Mine's here: http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-memory-of-light-by_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You surely got my attention from the first sentence! Thanks for the tease,I think I will read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't usualy go for such books. but you gotta love a guy who calls himself an asshole and admits cats are cute. here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty straight forward guy.. I like him already.. Going to be looking more into this book :)

    My Teasers

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the first comment, I like a guy who tells it like it is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! This is a good one! :) I must read this book cause now I'm really curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-teaser-revolution-19-and-suspect.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! I've heard a lot about this book around the blogosphere lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I've seen this book around quite a bit lately. It sounds like a fun read! Thanks for sharing! Here's my teaser! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. He knows what he is, honesty.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great teaser. Another book to add to my TBR :)
    Here's my Teaser . Happy Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I don't believe him. Great teaser. I've been wanting to read this one.

    Here's my teaser from Strands of Bronze and Gold

    ~Danica Page@Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first sentence in the synopsis made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this! TBR, now! Thanks a lot for sharing this! My TT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that guy already! Great tease!
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha Ha! This is great! And so true. That's why I watch Rom Com's and not Chick Flicks cause I sure don't like being sad. Thank you so much for stopping by my TT. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just picked this one up, excited to get to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting teaser, I like it.
    Thanks for stopping by on my blog.


    -Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!