Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #25



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


Here's my teaser: 
"No one ever asks. Like they think they're doing me a favor. That if they don't bring it up, I won't have to think about it. I never stop thinking about it. Just because I don't talk about it, doesn't mean I forget. I don't talk about it because no one ever asks."
-The Sea Of Tranquility by Katja Millay 


Goodreads Summary: 

I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.

Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her—her identity, her spirit, her will to live—pay.

Josh Bennett’s story is no secret: every person he loves has been taken from his life until, at seventeen years old, there is no one left. Now all he wants is be left alone and people allow it because when your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.

Everyone except Nastya, the mysterious new girl at school who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of an enigma she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding—or if he even wants to.

The Sea of Tranquility is a rich, intense, and brilliantly imagined story about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.

You can find Janhvi's review of TSOT here
What's your teaser this Tuesday? 

P.S: We have an INT giveaway going on. You can enter right HERE to win an e-copy of the Contemporary New Adult book, Different Roads by Lori L. Clark. Thank you! :)


Sarika

27 comments:

  1. What a deep quote, I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read this yet. Will definitely do so at some point! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it, Renu! I think you'll like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm about to start this one as well. Thanks for sharing. Here my teaser from dance of shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. I hope you like it! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Ok, good teaser. Wonder what they are not talking about.

    Here's ours: Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-teaser-suspect-by-robert-crais.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to read the book to find out, Karen and Gerard! ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice Teaser... temped to read it!!! It's sad and thoughtful!!!

    have a look at my teaser Tuesday@Booklok Coffee
    My first teaser :)
    xxxx
    Ankita
    http://booklokcoffee.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of this book, looks great. Check out my TT @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm REALLY hoping to get to this book soon. Everyone has loved it, and I can't wait to love it, too. Great teaser! Thanks for sharing! Here’s my teaser! Happy Tuesday! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it and I hope you get to read it soon, Jen! :)

      Delete
  7. I really like the teaser. I haven't heard of this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing nothing but good things about this one, Sarika. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser!! Makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I put this book aside just because I want to read it in one breath! :) I'm now crowded with exams and I can't do so, but soon very soon this book will be with me :) PS. That teaser is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Tanja, read it ASAP! Good luck for your exams. :P

      Delete
  11. That book was amazing! Great teaser!
    Check out mine: My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. If there is a Piano prodigy in it then I must read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. people who havent read it yet, Go ahead and read it! Its a great read.. :) Just finished it couple of days back.. -M

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!