Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #133

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt
Publication Date: September 1, 2015


Summary-

A modern-day Romeo and Juliet story in which a wealthy Southern boy falls in love with an undocumented Mexican girl and together they face perils in their hostile Georgia town.

Evan, a soccer star and the nephew of a conservative Southern Senator, has never wanted for much -- except a functional family. Alma has lived in Georgia since she was two-years-old, excels in school, and has a large, warm Mexican family. Never mind their differences, the two fall in love, and they fall hard. But when ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) begins raids on their town, Alma knows that she needs to tell Evan her secret. There's too much at stake. But how to tell her country-club boyfriend that she’s an undocumented immigrant? That her whole family and most of her friends live in the country without permission. What follows is a beautiful, nuanced, well-paced exploration of the complications of immigration, young love, defying one’s family, and facing a tangled bureaucracy that threatens to completely upend two young lives.

The summary of Dream Things True looks really interesting so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

What are you waiting on? :)

15 comments:

  1. Nice pick! That's a new to me one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really interesting. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds fantastic! I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds fantastic! I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I was approved for this book on Netgalley and I can't wait to read it myself!

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cover is so gorgeous and I also can't wait for this one!!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. This one does sound pretty good. I love the cover!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover and synopsis! Great choice. Thanks for sharing.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just added it on my tbr shelf! Sounds pretty great :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these types of books!!! Will be adding it to my TBR list :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dream Things True has such a pretty cover, and I'm really liking the sound of the romance in this one. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seems really good, and I like the topic that it deals with. I hope the author handles it well. :)

    -Lauren

    My WOW: http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-symptoms-of-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dream Things True sounds great! I hope you'll get to read it soon!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a huge fan of everything Romeo and Juliet retelling. So of course I am going to be interested in this one too!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!