Thursday, August 01, 2013

Review- Frigid by J.Lynn

Summary-

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

Review-

I had been waiting to read Frigid since a long time. I had really liked the teasers Jen had posted and I was eager to know Kyler and Sydney's story. It was a classic friends to lovers story but I can enjoy anything with romance in it so I was pretty excited to get started with Frigid. Sadly, I was completely disappointed.

Frigid starts off with Sydney mooing over Kyler in a bar. Kyler has some other beautiful girl on his lap as usual whom he intends to take home with him. This seems to be a recurring pattern in their life and they still supposedly remain best friends. I liked Sydney. I thought she was nice and sweet but she was surprisingly stupid where Kyler was concerned. The way she threw herself at him time and time again when he horribly rejected her made me feel like she lacked dignity.

Then we have Kyler. I really really didn't like him. We actually get his point of view, sparse at it was but still I didn't like him. He was a dumb guy who wanted to keep Sydney tied to him while he did as he pleased with all the other girls. He lacked depth to his character and his actions were the complete opposite to his thoughts, what little he had anyway.

When Sydney and Kyler get stranded at a posh ski resort they are forced to face their feelings for each other. I thought only Sydney was the one with feelings where as Kyler just kept on saying one stupid thing after another and hurting Sydney. Then all of a sudden he thinks he's in love with her. I found it hard to believe. He's a jerk and not the kind you like.

The whole book just goes on between Sydney and Kyler as they're stuck alone on the resort. That made it kinda boring after a while because I was getting irritated by the both of them. All their arguments and misunderstandings were point less. There is a slight mystery which has been tried but it was quite useless and super easy to figure out. Though I did like the tiny parts with Andrea and Tanner, their friends. I expected more from Frigid but it kinda sucked for me.



1 comment:

  1. When you say this for NA book then it's better for me not to think about it. It really sounds like all other worn-out NA stories. Great review Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!