Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review- Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Summary-

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.

Review-

Second Chance Boyfriend starts two months after the events of One Week Girlfriend. Surprisingly, I had enjoyed One Week Girlfriend more than I thought I would so getting next to Second Chance Boyfriend was obvious. I liked Second Chance Boyfriend but there was nothing extra ordinary about it. It was a really good new adult read.

Fable has been trying to move on for the last two months. Drew's letter confused her and even when she tries to get in touch with him he refuses to make contact. I really got how Fable felt. Drew's behavior was frustrating but that didn't give up her love for him. Fable is a really strong heroine and I liked her for it. Drew was her one weakness but I guess love does that to a person.

Now, Drew. I liked him, yeah, but certainly not as much as Fable. I felt he gave the bitch too much control over him when he could've easily talked out the situation with Fable. She was willing to be his rock all along, he just had to trust her. Also, I got that he regretted his decision but a little more groveling from his part would've certainly helped me soften towards him.

The romance between Drew and Fable was intense. Its like each of them is drowning in their problems and the other person is the only thing keeping them afloat. Drew and Fable do have chemistry as we know from One Week Girlfriend but I wanted them to get closer emotionally as well. And it does happen, but just not to the extent to which I would have liked.

We get to meet many new characters in this book and now I know why. We're getting a book for Fable's friend Jen and her boss Colin. There was tension between these two so I'm looking forward to their book. Owen will also be getting a book and I really want to see his HEA after the shitty treatment from their mother. This series is really good for new adult fans.



3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this series. I also felt like maybe Drew could have done more groveling but in the end I think I liked the second book more then the first one lol. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you told me to try the first book (I still haven't and yes you can see I'm a bad person) anyhow I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read a Monica Murphy book, and it seems I need to remedy that asap because I have heard nothing but amazing things about her work! This series sounds fantastic! I love the sound of the characters and the romance. I'm glad you enjoyed this, Janhvi! Great review! :)

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!