Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review- The Redemption of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Summary-

The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.

Review-

After the massive cliffhanger on which the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden had ended I was pretty excited to finally see what happened with them in the Redemption of Callie and Kayden. The book was quite good but not as good as the first one. The intensity which was built up before kinda seemed to have fizzled out in this one.

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden begins right after the events which take place in the previous books. Kayden is still recovering from what happened before and his mother has shifted him into a facility to recover for a few days. I'd liked Kayden in the last book but he seems to be falling apart in this one. He's stubborn and wants to keep Callie out. Thank god he doesn't succeed.

Callie was still the same sweet girl. She's determined to save everyone including herself and Kayden and move on ahead in life. I loved Callie's best friend Seth. He was an amazing guy and always brought in the much needed comic relief. Callie's was really strong and I loved seeing her come into her true self in this book.

The romance between Kayden and Callie was really nice. They have chemistry and they understand each other's issues. The thing I didn't like in the book though, was that everything was left really open ended. This book kinda concludes Kayden and Callie's story or at least that's what I think because Luke's book is next. But I'm getting the feeling the same issues are gonna be slapped on again in his book.

It actually disappointed me that there was no point to the book. Things don't really move forward where the plot was concerned. Jessica Sorensen's writing is good and though this book wasn't that intense I still enjoyed it. I just hope Luke's book is good and a bit more unique. All in all it was a good read but I wanted more.



1 comment:

  1. You see I still haven't read the first book because I have heard that there is some mean cliffhanger and I will read it now when this one is out (haha I win this time). Anyhow it sounds to me that this book suffers from middle-book syndrome. I mean what's the point of sequel if plot doesn't develop. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!