Monday, August 12, 2013

Review- One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

Goodreads Summary: 

New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Mature situations and sexual content - recommended for ages 17+**


Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.


REVIEW:

I don't know why but after reading this beautifully broken story, all I feel is happy. I mean, I know it's nice that a book makes you happy, but a book that was so... broken? I don't know if what I feel is good or bad. It is a whole different thing that I love books that end out of nowhere. 
When I first came across One Week Girlfriend, I thought it would be a very light hearted and fun read. Or so the title suggested. Note that I don't read summaries. Boy, I was wrong. I was so so wrong. 
You know what? Okay, I know I'm wavering too much but you know what? Once I got into the story, I knew exactly what was going to happen. It was so predictable. Maybe I've read way too many messed up books but by now, I can literally tell you what is going to happen and the who and what and the why of New Adult books. 
And you know what? Even though predictability can be quite annoying and irritating and well... predictable... This book just made me fall in love with the story and the characters. 
One Week Girlfriend was so beautifully executed by author Monica Murphy. This, my friends, this is what is called a messed up book about two messed up people who only mess up more when they come together. 
As for the story, I have no idea where to begin. Fable is the girl and Drew is the boy. The boy wants a temporary girlfriend and the girl agrees for money and they go to the boy's parent's house for the holiday and what seems to be a nice, fun stay turns into a fucked up revelation of secrets. And that's all I'm going to say. 
I loved Fable and I loved Drew. They were amazing characters. Fable was so selfless, strong and hard working while Drew was so thoughtful, sincere and broken. Fable has a tough life at home and Drew has too many demons hiding inside of him. It was beautiful to see them come together, heal, help each other heal and fall in love. 
I'm really looking forward to the next book Second Chance Boyfriend and oh my God, there's like a whole Drew + Fable series, so yay! I need more Fable and Drew like now. They and their story is simply beautiful. 

RATING:





10 comments:

  1. Oh I love this type when you're extremely happy after reading the book but your heart is broken into pieces. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one and it sounds like a great read. Amazing review Sarika:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great read that I suggest you try. Thank you, Tanja! :)

      Delete
  2. This book looks so good(: I can't wait to read it! Nice review.
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can read it soon, Jackie. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought this one a while back but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Now, I can't wait! Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I did, CeCe. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm, maybe you felt happy because you had got a cathartic release from reading this emotional, broken story. When a book is well done, how can you not be happy afterwards? It's good you liked it even though it was a bit predictable. Great thoughts, Sarika!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you put that right out there! Thank you, Aylee! :)

      Delete
  5. I loved this series (well the two books that are out.) I agree with you completely, my love of the characters, the writing, and the emotion is what made this book such a great read! Awesome Review Sarika! You nailed it!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! The characters were amazing and so was everything else. Thank you, Lindy! :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!