Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #54


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Here's my teaser:
"Clary, you're an artist, like your mother. That means you see the world in ways that other people don't. It's your gift, to see the beauty and the horror in ordinary things. It doesn't make you crazy-just different. There's nothing wrong with being different."
-City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

Goodreads Summary:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end. 

What's your teaser this Tuesday? Link me up to it so I can come read. 
Happy reading! 


12 comments:

  1. I can't wait till I see the movie!!! I have heard some great things about it. I have read this book a while ago and I should continue with this series. Great teaser Sarika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to watch the movie and continue with the series either, Tanja. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice tease! Never could get into these books, hope you're enjoying them though!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that teaser. Not sure if I want to see the movie or not because I don't think the actors match my vision of who should play the roles but we'll see I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that happens all the time. Lucky for me, I'm trying to imagine the faces I see on the movie posters, Kristin. :)

      Delete
  4. great teaser. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book and this series.

    My teasers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, is this the first time you're reading this?? Cool, I really can't wait to hear what you think of it! That is a great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my first time. I already watched the movie and loved it and the book is great too, Aylee. :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!