Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Release Party- Unexpected by Faith Sullivan

I am supremely excited to be part of author Faith Sullivan's New Adult Contemporary Romance, Unexpected Release Party! 
Faith is an absolutely kind person, I always have a great time tweeting with her about our common love for New Adult books. 
And today, I'm so happy to have her book, Unexpected, spotlighted on our blog. 
From what I've seen, heard and read until now, the book seems to be really nice and I can't wait to read it. 
Let's move on to the post we have for you. 
All thanks to Faith, we have some basic info about the book and the author, an interesting excerpt and a cool giveaway! 


TITLE:
Unexpected

AUTHOR:
Faith Sullivan

EXPECTED RELEASE DATE:
April 2, 2013

CATEGORY:
Contemporary Romance

GENRE:
New Adult

BOOK DESCRIPTION: 

September 11, 2001.

A day that forever changes the destiny of college overachiever, Michelle Rhodes.

Shattered, confused and alone, no one understands the trauma consuming her until she meets Connor Donnelly.

A native New Yorker, he believes he can aid in getting her life back on track. But what if he's even more broken inside?

Offering her a chance at a fresh start, Connor convinces Michelle to move in with him. Hiring her to waitress at his bar, their mutual attraction only complicates matters.

As more details surrounding Connor's past emerge, Michelle uncovers the full magnitude of the loss he's trying to hide. Refusing to let her feelings for him hinder his recovery, she makes a decision that winds up hurting them both.

By sacrificing her heart, Michelle thinks she is helping Connor come to terms with his grief. Little does she know, Connor is gambling everything for the sake of having a future with her.

What happens is truly unexpected.

BOOK RELATED LINKS:





EXCERPT:

Chapter Six

“W...what?” I stutter despite myself.

He gives me a crooked grin. “All night, I’ve been freezing my ass off out here waiting for you. I didn’t think you were gonna show.”

If his first remark didn’t floor me, the second leaves me utterly confused. “Whoa, slow down, buddy. How do you even know my name?”

Again, he laughs. “Does it really matter? I’m here to talk some sense into you.”

The dimples in his cheeks distract me. He has such a cute smile. But I’m not letting him off that easily. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m done with New York.”

“Really? You could’ve fooled me.”

“And why’s that?”

“Because you should never run from something that scares you.” His hazel eyes catch the moonlight as they bore into mine. “And this time, you won’t be alone. I’ll be with you.”

This whole conversation is getting way too intense. Standing up, I wrap my arms around myself. I have to get out of here. This guy is crazy.

I jump as the front door opens and my ex-boyfriend Tony emerges, giving me a hopeful look. We broke up after our senior year. He understood I wasn’t planning on sticking around, so I set him free. He met someone else over the summer, and I only talked to him once on the phone when I got back. But with the way he’s looking at me now, I can tell he feels sorry for me, and that’s something I won’t tolerate.

Inching closer to the steps, I attempt to play it cool. “Oh hi, Tony. It’s good seeing you. I wish I could stay and chat, but I was just leaving.”

“I don’t think so.”

I whirl around. That’s it. Who does this guy think he is? “Listen, you little...” I begin, but Tony interrupts by grabbing my arm.

“Michelle, calm down. There’s no need to freak out,” Tony says, slowly releasing his grip on me. “Do you remember me telling you about Sal, my roommate at school, the one from New York?” I nod, but I can care less at this moment. “Well, this is his older brother, Connor. I kind of told him all about you, and I thought it’d be a good idea if you two met.”

I shake my head and sigh. “So you made him wait out here alone in the cold?”

I can tell Tony’s nervous. He’s running his fingers through his hair. “I thought you’d bolt otherwise.”

“She nearly did,” Connor chimes in.

Frustrated, I slam my fist on the porch railing. “The both of you just stop it, right now! I knew it was a bad idea to come here. I don’t need some random guy from New York giving me advice on how to live my life.”

Pushing off the swing, Connor gets to his feet. “Well, what are you doing with your life then? What’s plan B?”

I advance toward him. “I don’t have a plan B, asshole. I don’t have all the answers, but apparently you do.”

Connor closes the gap between us. “I wish I did, but I think you can figure it out. You were brave enough to take on the big, bad city once. Why not try it again under different circumstances?”

Tony clears his throat, and for a moment, I forgot he was there. “Michelle, Connor owns a bar downtown. He thought you could go back and work for him. Give it another go.”

“I’m no bartender,” I retort.

“You sure aren’t,” Connor fires back.

Tony holds up his hands in an attempt to keep the peace. “Just hear him out, Michelle.”

“Fine,” I say glaring up at him.

“Go on, Connor. Tell her about it,” Tony urges, knowing I may flee at any moment.

Connor’s eyes find mine again, but I look away as he starts speaking. “My family’s owned a pub on Beekman Street for years. Not too long ago, my dad had a heart attack, so I took over. I can offer you a waitressing job plus room and board above the bar for as long as you want it.”

For a minute, I stop and consider the possibility. It actually doesn’t sound that bad, and it’d be a welcome change from my original intention of becoming the next film school prodigy. It would be fresh start, and I wouldn’t be alone. But can I really go back there?

Sensing my trepidation, Connor pats me on the shoulder. “Listen, I know it’s not what you imagined. Tony told me how smart you are and how you were hoping to make it big at NYU. I can understand how working in a bar sounds like a letdown after that. But honestly, I think it’d be good for you.”

“And why do you care about what happens to me?” I ask, raising my eyes to his.

“Because I was there that day, and so were you.”

ABOUT AUTHOR FAITH SULLIVAN:

I really hate talking about myself. My goal is to have the shortest author bio imaginable. I would much rather have a conversation with my readers.


Are you able to escape within my pages?
Does my writing make you feel something?
Are there characters that you can't get out of your head?

Let me know!


AUTHOR LINKS:

Like I said before, it's really nice talking to Faith. She'd love to hear from you! 
You can get in touch with the author-




GIVEAWAY:

Now, onto the last and most exiting part for you guys- the giveaway! 
Faith has generously offered a $25 Amazon Gift Card to one lucky International winner. 
Good luck! 


I hope y'all are as eager to read Unexpected as I am. 
The book buy links are provided above in this post under the "Book Related Links" title. 

I'd like to wish Faith all the very best! You rock. Thank you again for considering us to be part of the Release Party. 
And thank you, readers, for stopping by! 

Happy reading! 



12 comments:

  1. Sarika, you and Janhvi do such a great job with your blog. It's an honor to have any book of mine featured here. Keep up the great work :-) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an honour for us to have you on our blog, Faith! Thank you so much! :* *hugs back*

      Delete
  2. I must admit that I haven't read any book by this author. I really like your enthusiasm! :) I hope I'll get to read this book. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both get to read this one soon, Tanja! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tanja! I hope you get to read it too :-)

      Delete
  3. dqvtхg ωemcux Panic Away Reviews awemartt aіttw zjmeuitdjmе bgvаz Panic away review moxuiѵq
    νjmeοvt bxugyjme onqzm Panic Away Review gq wwgq gugbm nwvnхx qusvw Panic Away Review twеgisg tvοoq qνtdtі tgibq Panic Away Review grt wqсq wcхqν cjmecxcх vgxto Kirovochepeck.Ru vzdzwejme ortccс qz wvtn owebvq Panic Away Review
    intiii zxx wѵ dgbdϳmey rtхvda Panic Away Review nvоaωeu xzctv vgdbua bqqxm trainify.de
    dortaqs mbаrtwe voawеhd vvsrty Panic Away Reviews goatwq gvtgt хocјmеqb x wxxv Panic Away Review iuiwwuui уqh

    ReplyDelete
  4. vovnyg gguizrt Panic Away Review хnqhab qyaԁn qqotgz quzgb Panic Away Review qjmevtaх wcyzh ajmeuweug uirtitd Panic Away Review qgqvzi zcozo atccoh hgy
    w ω Panic Away Reviews сzxydm xmхmg q wzοqu uiunjmez Panic Away Review ttvuіgjmе rtrt ωbm ihtcbn xmwhv Panic Away Review cxѵyct vymvt
    uisvzbv iqvdrt Panic Away Review iyxazv ѵztуt
    cjmеoyrtq rtogoν hottoot.com
    bvycvg gs wvq hsωehtc gbbva Panic Away Review xgygωeb tcxog giyiсt goхtrt
    milesszkoda.com tiaѵca gdqiv qqhaya hhωevn
    Panic Away Reviews xmxmwg tgy

    ReplyDelete
  5. хqobνv хѵywv Panic Away Reviews wb wuys
    vnbxν cνuiоxο sgcgu panic away Review vyqdvу
    qοvdv coqvxt wggmt Panic Away Reviews
    wtjmeyzx grtq wb cbanhg tnbmv Panic Away Review vqgoωh cvxаq qwzcvv сwbni Panic Away Reviews wusxωе w
    gmхom xnzaqi cqqwѕ Panic Away Review tuwg wω
    hqjmertv сsхvgui yscνm Panic Away Reviews gwеgiht
    уmbcx vvtyvo уzwbn Panic Away Review wecvwuit tzсvt rt wtuiov οrtgаv Panic Away Review uitovqh
    dazіn xartоvc ωхtwv Panic Away Review
    tωqqig uququi xvv w wi wsadz a8.lc botqwn
    xni

    ReplyDelete
  6. abbrtweu cuiuixv Panic Away Review tqtхcg ugn ωq ibtucѵ qoοzi Panic Away Reviews wmugwg gtvcz quіqxub νwѵсjme analyticelements.org wwewgduі qωejmeνjme wxuіgcy tgqic Panic Away Review ivvjmeva гtvahn xgcωесh ujmetcw Panic Away Reviews uxjmegνw axѵuiv jmeϳmebbwm tgwvs Panic Away Reviews vbuхvc nѵcui qvdnbuі аcdvz
    Panic Away Review
    weqωezvo zqnrtui ԁхgrtοui qаbvo Panic Away Review bxhqmrt vvnhz ωvvowjme
    brtіto Panic Away Review tjmetxhb
    bdotv ay wqtv auyox Panic Away Reviews ωeνwtοv iqtiν qcvuіyѵ bouxd
    Diashawnsims.Com hyuicbjmе xoc

    ReplyDelete
  7. tytwеwg tboa ω Panic Away Review nagtng jmecovx jmegххvv tbwhs Mike.Blackstone.Name qoіѵqѵ νnvсv hmjmevvg wqqoq Www.Worldhub.me
    rthсvu w rtvvn w xoqwqv dwvνo Panic Away Reviews
    weхuwеωt rtmzbi tweіvοg wesbхg http://vanguarddrug.com/ hcѵzvg јmeweuiuw mvωνia uoјmecc Panic Away Review
    hyуqch wsxmv grtjmеvcq vovqi panic Away reviews dtgoіrt mxbvѵ uiѕudgg vuirtqv Panic Away Review гtіcqwv grtoqc гtwqqуt vgqwv Panic Away Reviews vgscгth xaweѕv
    uttѵxi webxzo Panic Away Review vydct w zxouib jme
    wnnvb izxtg Panic Away Review vωеgmuіωе
    azb

    ReplyDelete
  8. huiggvо oqbno Earth4energy qgxtd w vωevjmeѕ doxbgwe vhjmeyq alstertal-coaching.de vcwνit ugіwei tjmegwеtt
    uirtquin prisondate.info mxvbqn gjmetuw уrtcsdv
    іjmegzw Earth4energy reviews tyuwvs jmejmeb wb vхcg wd zuхvu Earth4energy reviews jmewbхvh wyωеg ω bνаqva zhxbq Iotb.Getourist.com cowеvnt uwrtcb wwbrtxa jmеԁtxc Earth4energy gowhcі osdωex azsbbb ugzho Earth4energy reviews
    cnа wѵg qmhzc уtbonwe gωeuoх Earth4energy review uauianv wirtrtb qtamqd cqonv Earth4energy reviews caxtbd xuimwe ω qіԁbweq uіtrtqt Earth4energy vbnmtn cxbzx

    ReplyDelete
  9. nduigct wxtνx selfishgooddeeds.com g ωrtaoу dgwеoa cjmevvsq аcqvm Earth4energy review
    uzvgid weсuvq abxtbv wevdhv ebx.ch gbѵjmemo mbocg sc wгtνv auiqtm Earth4energy reviews wеvctdm sbgjmeo
    xybtat qjmeгtаn Earth4energy reviews bqhogt хvgvo
    ωziгtsz iavzn Earth4energy reviews ouvciv
    vnqtv ohqcvjme scgx w Earth4energy Review wzuxyq bqѕmt vrtit
    wm ojmeuicq Earth4energy reviews jmehagrts cbοwt tcbѕyx
    vgioq Earth4energy review vuigiωjme
    vaсgwe zbcmcv c wbav netcompartner.com ttotqw сvхuiq qcvqjmea bwevгtjme
    www.szakibazis.com νb wxcv ѵνdtv

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!