Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Goodreads Summary:

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.


Vampire Academy series:


REVIEW:

I must admit that the third book in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series, Shadow Kiss seemed pretty dragged out to me, but honestly, that ending... The book was worth it all. I loved it. 
Shadow Kiss starts off with Rose seeing the ghost of Mason, her friend/ boyfriend who died in the Spokane incident in Frostbite. Rose is going through a hell lot in this one and with so much happening, she's so busy trying to protect those she cares about the most that she tends to forget herself and her feelings. I love her friendship with Lissa. They both rock, like seriously. They're awesome. 
When Lissa's uncle Victor Dashkov makes a reappearance in Shadow Kiss, I felt pretty scared for her. She comes across Adrian who also happens to be very much like her and they both set out to research and discover the power and use of the element of spirit. 
One of the best things that happened in Shadow Kiss is a lot of Adrian Ivaskov. Adrian is funny, smart, good looking and so cool. And we got to see a lot him. I loved him. 
When the senior Moroi at St. Vladimir's Academy get assigned a senior dhampir as their guardian for the dhampir's field experience, Rose is assigned Christian Ozera, Lissa's boyfriend. Although not the best of friends, the banter between Rose and Christian was great and they did care about each other, which was visible and obvious. 
Christian is amazing. He's so sweet and so crazy in love with Liss. I really really love that guy too.
There's also another person who is super sweet and that's Eddie, Mason's best friend who is assigned as Lissa's guardian. Rose, Lissa, Christian and Eddie, and Adrian as well, when together, were fun and I loved reading those parts. 
Rose's love interest and trainer Dimitri Belikov was again his beaut self in Shadow Kiss. He is strong and sensible. When the school is attacked by Strigoi, Dimitri performs  really really well, so well that... well, let it be. 

So we have Mason, Adrian Christian, Eddie and Dimitri.  Is it just me or are all the guys in this series swoon-worthy! 
The ending of Shadow Kiss was perfect but very sad, even for a cliff hanger and sad ending lover like me. But there obviously are three more books to go in the series, so I know for a fact that things are going to change for the better in the books to come. 
Author Richelle  Mead's writing is really excellent. Rose's voice is easy to understand and she is one kick ass girl. I am totally into the Vampire Academy series and I can't wait to know what happens next. 


RATING:


7 comments:

  1. Yes I so agree! I was speechless for days after this book. It was really hard to get through all this. But it payed off at the end. Great review Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was a powerful read. Well, we have a common favourite book now! ;) Thank you, Tanja!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the ending - I remember crying when I finished this book simply because I could just feel Rose's emotions.

    And yes, the next three books are even better - I can't wait for you to read them. Great review!

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was depressing but such a great read. Thank you, Lyra! All other reviews are up. ;)

      Delete
  3. AHHHH I so need to read this series. I am jealous! Happy you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST read it soon, Jennifer! :) You'll love it.

      Delete
  4. You didn't read it in order? Woah, that's fascinating! And yes, go Dimitri! :D Thank you, Aman!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!