Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #33




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


Both Janhvi and I have already read and reviewed (our reviews) Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire. However, today being the official release day for the book, I just had to share a teaser from it! 
Happy Walking Disaster Release Day!  

 Here's my teaser:

"I decided a long time ago I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along. A pigeon." 

-Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire
From Net Galley eARC

Goodreads Summary:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


What's your teaser this Tuesday? 



32 comments:

  1. Oh, I need thos so bad! Thank goodness it's already on its way to me! My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You must read it the moment it comes to you, Caro! :D

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an interesting book - enticing cover, too. Love the look of your page.

    Mine is here: http://writenotereviews.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/teaser-tuesday-bay-of-fires/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great series! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Enjoy :) Here's my TT: http://pamelasbookspot.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/tuesday-56-dance-of-shadows-by-yelena.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh...does it taste like chicken?

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT teaser. I loved Walking Disaster and Travis can be quite poetic when he wants to .. and that was one of those moments ;-)
    Love it.
    My Teaser from The Host by Stephenie Meyer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly agree with you, Zenia! Travis can be quite what he wants whenever he wants. :P

      Delete
  6. Yuck, no way would I feed on a vulture! Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/04/tuesday-teasers-two-today.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen and Gerard, it means something completely different in this context. You'll know when you read it. ;)

      Delete
  7. OOh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the release day, Jessica, maybe that's why! :)

      Delete
  8. I like that the names of the birds have double meanings. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from THE FORTUNE QUILT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good teaser! I just got Beautiful Disaster so I can't wait to read it and then read this.

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to get my hands on the first book, I'm so far behind on reads! These look awesome though, so hopefully soon.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really hope you get to read both the books real real soon, Tiffany! :D

      Delete
  11. ooooh. need to read this series....I HAVE the first, but didn't start on it yet....

    Here's my teaser tuesday over at i*Heart*BigBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you waiting for, eh? Start it soon! ;)

      Delete
  12. I NEED to start this series, seriously!! Great teaser :)

    ~Ali
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  13. that book has been in my tbr pile for a while. well this teaser just moved it up.
    check out mine http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-3.html
    whilst your at it check out my giveaway of 10 new adult books

    new follower via gfc(follow back please)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it soon! I'll definitely check out the giveaway and follow back, Debbie! :)

      Delete
  14. And has it finally come along...?

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I've seen a few reading this one lately. Hope you are enjoying it. :)

    I have a teaser up this week that's a Sci-fi one. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-157.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. The release day calls for it, I guess, Melissa! :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!