Monday, April 01, 2013

Review- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

This post contains both Janhvi's and Sarika's reviews of Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Today, April 1, is Travis Maddox's birthday. Happy birthday, Travis! :* 
Here's our present for you. 

Goodreads Summary:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Beautiful series:


JANHVI'S REVIEW:

Walking Disaster is the story of Beautiful Disaster told from Travis' point of view. When I first started Walking Disaster I thought it would be the exact same as Beautiful Disaster but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had more to it than just the same dialogues.

It starts off with Travis in all his playboy glory and how his friendship begins with Abby followed by their bet. I was never a huge fan of Travis. I was always inclined more towards his best friend/ cousin Shepley, so I really wanted to get into Travis' head and to understand his feelings. I wanted to know the reason behind his anger issues, his possessiveness, why he fought, his behavior towards Abby and his dislike for love and relationships.

I was not at all satisfied in Travis' head. I just thought that we hardly got any real thoughts from him. I don't know if it was just me or what, but most of the scenes to me were just a description of his actions, not his emotions. I mean I get that he's a guy and impulsive, but I still expected more thoughts out of him. Abby portrayed her feelings extremely well in Beautiful Disaster.

In spite of this, I enjoyed Walking Disaster. It was a good read. But I mostly think I enjoyed it because I'd really liked Beautiful Disaster and this came close to a re read of sorts. I loved Shepley. The bond he and Travis shared was amazing. America was a loyal best friend. Abby was good as always. But again, I failed to see the reason Travis fell in love with her. I loved Travis' family as well.

The best part of the book though, was the epilogue. I love epilogues just as much as I love happy endings and the epilogue of Walking Disaster was perfect. After all the struggle, angst and drama seeing Travis and Abby settled and steady made me super happy for them. Walking Disaster is a must read for all the fans of Beautiful Disaster, Travis and New Adult. Though it was not as amazing as I wanted it to be it was still a really good read.

*Note: This copy was provided by Netgalley for an honest review. We thank the author and the publisher.

RATING:






SARIKA'S REVIEW:

*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of Jamie McGuire's Walking Disaster upon request from Net Galley. We love you and we thank you! 

* ALSO NOTE: This review is predominantly-okay, well- almost completely about Travis Maddox. 
I'm sorry, I can't help it. I love him. If you're going to read this, please please please bear with it. Thank you! 

Wait. 5 stars are not enough for this. A  million, billion, trillion, gazillion stars are also not enough. Hell, even if I pick each and every star in the universe, it still won't be enough. 
Walking Disaster is exceptionally and expectedly gorgeous and unbelievable. It deserves infinite stars because maybe, just maybe, that might be enough.
It's no surprise that I loved Beautiful Disaster. It was and still is the most beautifully disastrous and disastrously beautiful book I've ever read. 
It's also no surprise that I love good girl and bad boy romances and I love Abby Abernathy and Travis Maddox. They're the most dysfunctional and undreamed couple ever and they're adorable. 
It's no surprise that I love author Jamie McGuire
And lastly, it's no surprise that I fucking love Travis Maddox.
Walking Disaster is Beautiful Disaster told from Travis' point of view. It's not exactly word to word, line to line, para to para or even chapter to chapter Beautiful Disaster but we're in Travis' head and God only know how his brain works but it is simply stupefying to see him fall in love. And I know he's unreal. But oh well, a girl can dream and hope and that's what I'll do.
Travis Maddox. Is. Out. Of. This. World. Since the day I started reading Beautiful Disaster, I’ve been falling madly in love with him. Seriously, it’s not healthy I know but he is just so addictive. He is exceptional. Getting into Travis' head with Walking Disaster was an highly intoxicating experience, in the most gorgeous way possible. It's hard not to fall for him. And it's even harder to not fall for him hard. God, why isn't that guy real? I love him.
Yes, Travis is impulsive. Yes, Travis has anger issues. Yes, Travis is possessive. Yes, Travis sleeps with every girl but will beat up the guys who just talk to Abby. We see it all and we hate it all. But we fail to see that besides just being all of that plus hot and unreal, Travis' love is simply unimaginable, something that is very, very rare. He fights and he fights hard and he loves and he loves hard.
It is clear from my review of Beautiful Disaster that I love anything and everything about the book. It really makes no sense to again express my unending and undying love for all the characters, from Abby's best friend America and Travis' cousin Shepley (who are great individually and as a couple) to Trav's dad Jim and brothers Trenton, Thomas, Taylor, and Tyler. I love them all and I wish I could just go live with the Maddox family. Ah, and Abby of course. She is simply lovely. She and Trav are perfect.
Both the prologue and epilogue of Walking Disaster made me emotional. 
Author Jamie McGuire's writing is, just like the title of her series- beautiful. Thank you, Jamie McGuire. Thank you so damn much for Travis Maddox. And thank you, Net Galley, for letting me have him before everyone else could. But most importantly, thank you to my best friend and fellow blogger Janhvi for giving me Beautiful Disaster and Travis Maddox. 
Walking Disaster. Is. Wow. Just wow. 
RATING:

*NOTE: My rating for Walking Disaster is infinite. But a 5 on 5 will do for now. 



18 comments:

  1. Great Review. I just finished Beautiful Disaster this past week and I was really conflicted by the book because I liked it so much but didn't like Abby and Travis alot. I am really curious to read the story from Travis' POV and will have to pick it up after reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you didn't like Abby and Travis! But if you loved Beautiful Disaster as a book, you'll love Walking Disaster too, Chelsea! Thank you! :)

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  2. LOL Sarika you don't have to apologize! I totally know how you feel! ;) I'm really happy to hear that this book is more than just repeating Beautiful Disaster. I'll be reading it soon :) Great reviews girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm so glad to heat that, Tanja! You must read it soon, since you love Beautiful Disaster just as much as I did. Thank you! :)

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  3. Hi girls,
    I have nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
    Take a look and if you want, participate.
    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Athina! I'm off to check out your post. :D

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  4. I love both your reviews. I think I fall in the middle of you two after reading WD last week. I need to post my review tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! We can't wait to hear your thoughts on Walking Disaster, Jenny! Thank you! :)

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  5. It was so nice to read your reviews- I thought I was the only one who truly was in love with Travis- he is my book boyfriend!! Totally in love with him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I thought I was the only one in love with Travis! Nice to know we're on the same Team! :D Thank you!

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  6. "And the epilogue was the best of the best."
    We couldn't agree more wit you, Aman! Thank you! :)

    ~Sarika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I followed back.
    This review caught my eye because Walking Disaster has been on my to-read pile for a while. I am glad to see that you both liked it.
    CeCe @ steamingmugofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! We hope you love Walking Disaster, CeCe! Thank you for following. :)

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  8. Haha, I love that you are Travis's number one fan, Sarika! I have to admit, after reading your review I am awfully intrigued about him now, too. Great job with the reviews, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO happy you called me Travis' #1 fan! Yay! :D You must meet him sometime, Aylee. Thank you!

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  9. Dont you just love the book cover!! And your reviews guys... Its a pleasure to read not one but TWo solid reviews... So much helpful :) :) @Sarika... So Travis huh!! I have this one on My TBR pile.. Gotta read it now!!Thanks for sharing.

    XX
    Happy Blogging
    Ankita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Ankita! I agree with you, the cover is gorgeous! And Travis... Man, he's just out of this world. I can't get him outta my mind. :P You MUST read this soon!

      ~Sarika

      Delete
  10. Terima kasih min artikel blog walking, mungkin teman teman blog bisa berkunjung ke web saya juga🙏

    CODEin

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!