Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review- Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Summary-

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose... 

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. 

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

Review-

Frostbite starts off three weeks after the incidents of Vampire Academy. You can find Sarika's review of Vampire Academy here. In Frostbite we dive right into the action from the first scene itself. After a massive Strigoi attack the school has been put on high alert and it is affecting everyone.

My favorite character of this series till now is definitely Rose. She is a kickass girl. I love her sense of humor. Her recklessness is a part of who she is. She is what makes these books so enjoyable. But unlike last time we got so see a more vulnerable side to Rose's character. She is struggling after witnessing the Strigoi attack and on top of that we get to meet her famous mother, Janine Hathaway.

The relationship between Janine and Rose was rocky but as the book progresses they do reach an understanding. What I missed the most in Frostbite however was Rose and Lissa's friendship. I mean they obviously still do share their bond and have a lot of love for each other but I felt that Lissa was a bit wrapped up in Christian. Rose has a tendency to bottle up her feelings and always put Lissa first but this time Lissa kind of ignored her.

We also get to meet Adrian in this book. Now him, I was super excited for. Since the first page he comes in he takes over. He is all around awesome. For me, he is overshadowing Dimitri. Though Dimitri was there too and Rose obviously still pines after him. This time we get some more confessions from Dimitri as well though their happy ending is still nowhere in sight.

I love Richelle Mead's writing. Rose's voice is authentic and amazing. I am totally into the series and can't help but gobble up one book after the other. For people like me who can't rest until they get a happy ending it is hard to put down this series. If you still haven't read this series thinking this is like any other paranormal YA series let me tell you, you are completely wrong. These books are pretty awesome.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! The Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series and I hope you follow through the series! :)

    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the memories that I get while reading your reviews are so pleasant. I mean it's been a while since I've read this series and I wish to reread them but my time is not allowing me that. So this helps :) I'm glad you enjoyed this one and I'm waiting for the reviews of Shadow Kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get to this. I've heard such great things about Adrian, I need to find out for myself. Happy you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jahnvi, I loved the Vampire Academy series, and devoured one right after another. I loved Richelle Mead's style of writing, and Rose was my favorite character too! You'll be happy to know that the spin-off of this series, has a whole lot of Adrian! In fact, he's one of the main characters! Great Review! I miss this series so much!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!